• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Input and switch boards for Soekris DAM1021 DAC

Hi everyone,
I have started sending out paypal invoices to the peopple who have sent me their Paypal ID. Payment is due by Sunday, Nov 1st. The production batch will be ordered on Monday, Nov 2nd. For all orders paid by that time, a 10% discount is applied. After that boards will be available at full price.

If you want to change your order, please contact me directly before paying the invoice.

A quick status update.
I am still waiting for some backordered parts from Mouser to be able to assemble and test the final prototype boards. The parts have been shipped and hopefully will arrive by the end of this week. The production batch will be ordered as soon as I receive the parts and test the prototypes.

Meanwhile, the 10% discount will still be applied for all orders paid before production batch is sent to manufacturing.

Thanks for the suggestion. You are right, technically that would be the correct solution.

However, the cost of such a buffer is non-trivial, and it is only useful for those few people who want to have multi-DAM setups. So I don't want to include it for the input module. The jury is still out on whether there is anything to gain from dual mono balanced setup.
In my tests the two SPDIF sources I have tried worked fine with 50 Ohm impedance.

Those who want to run more than two DAMs for things like active crossovers, and want to use SPDIF input, will definitely need to buffer it.

I have tested several build options and everything looks good so far. The production batch PCBs have been ordered yesterday. It will take one week to have them made. Then they need to be assembled, which will probably take 1-2 weeks, depending on how busy they are.

I will put up updated documentation for various builds soon.

The remaining unpaid discounted invoices have been canceled. Boards are still available at the listed price. Please contact me directly by PM for new orders.