Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

To each his/her own, but I've never understood the hassle with multiple (>3) horn channels. Many multiple horn threads appear to be never-ending stories in which considerable amounts of money are wasted.

I've got an ancient [Win95 era] scanner; any idea if it will work properly on a several year old HP i5 ProBook/Win7 pro laptop without messing anything up?

GM

Yesss Sir, I am exclusively using HP Pro gear for this and other reasons.
My 20 year old HP network laser printer still works like a charm, even with iPhones and iPads using HP's OSX app.

Is it a ScanJet 5P, or a 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000-series?

Now you make me feel bad that I let the salesman convince me to recycle mine for a new Canon. :(

GM

It's part of the system (my background) called free-market economics, which is based on continuous growth. One of the instruments is boosting replacement purchases, preferably by "higher-end" substitutes.
"Higher-end" usually has little to do with intrisic product quality.

I think most of us have come to realize that the current trend of "making everything GREEN" is simply a new incentive for many business models.

This "disease" has to be cured, someday sometime.

So far for being OT.

Last edited:
Is it a ScanJet 5P, or a 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000-series?

ScanJet 3300C and just remembered I was given a Canon CanoScan N670U that supposedly was functional at the time, but have yet to try it.

GM

It's part of the system (my background) called free-market economics, which is based on continuous growth. One of the instruments is boosting replacement purchases, preferably by "higher-end" substitutes.
"Higher-end" usually has little to do with intrisic product quality.

I think most of us have come to realize that the current trend of "making everything GREEN" is simply a new incentive for many business models.

This "disease" has to be cured, someday sometime.

So far for being OT.

Understood and assumed as much, but rather than mess with it [don't remember the model number, but it was a huge floor model printer, scanner, FAX business machine] I bought a Canon ImageClass LBP 6000 on sale online from a different vendor and combined with some 'first time customer' and Visa card credits got it for < $20 delivered to my doorstep.

Anyway, will try to install one or the other after bills are paid just in case I crash it. I've a long history of making computers get screwed up in ways that the techies say isn't possible. :(

GM

We return now to our regularly scheduled program. ;)

ScanJet 3300C and just remembered I was given a Canon CanoScan N670U that supposedly was functional at the time, but have yet to try it.

GM

It seems you'd better use some third party scan software for the HP, even though I got the original XP driver to work in Windows 10.
It requires injecting some .dll files. Probably not something you'd like to do.

There's more info in this link

Apparently not.

Scanners are divergent from most hardware peripherals, because they need special drivers and software containing (old) Twain and WIA protocols in order to work, many of which are no longer supported by Microsoft.
However, workarounds and third party solutions exist.

The Canon CanoScan N670U is a more recent device and should work without issues. If necessary, the driver can be downloaded here (official Canon site).

You'll have to install the (Windows XP) driver in compatibility mode, or use the Windows generic TWAIN scanner driver.