Lii Audio 15" full range

IMG20220205152035.jpg
Tomorrow first raw tests... :)

If anyone in UK wants to buy a pair of F15, I have a pair barely run in I will sell.
I first bought fast 10, also available to buy, then bought crystal 10 and F15 together. Crystal 10 are slightly better than fast 10 but not twice as good as is the price. F15 sound great in open baffle and something I could live with if I had the room. They were tested on 4' x 2' baffle. I'm asking £200 plus postage in uk only.
Still available?

I got a PM about my setup so thought I'd revive this old thread with an update. The final speaker design is done and they look fantastic! I ended up with the F-15 and W-15 in an OB and added a Fostex T-90A in ambience. The F-15 runs wide-open off my Korneff 45 amp. The T-90A runs off the F-15 terminal with a 1uF cap to cross it at 10kHz. Pointed up for ambience to avoid time delay issues. W-15 runs off a Crown XLS1002 crossed at 150Hz. The speakers sound incredible and easily rival some of the best speakers I have ever heard!

The baffle is 1-1/2" walnut butcherblock countertop from Home Depot. A friend cut the wood on a CNC for me. The metal was designed by me and another buddy bent and cut at his machine shop. The metal was then powdercoated. The baffle got a Tung Oil finish to make it pretty. I had an L-pad on the T-90A's but ended up running them at full volume, so they are not really needed.

With the new walnut butcherblock baffles, the WAF is high! :cool:

IMG_9530.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9528.JPG
    IMG_9528.JPG
    609.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_9529.JPG
    IMG_9529.JPG
    615.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 7 users
Can we get some real-world measurements of Lii speakers that already working?
Please?
Because it is too much inconsistency of published datas?
For instance Sd is in every TS data set incorrect... :( Please check in Lii site...
And some datas are too different for same model...

Attachments

• Fast-15 datas from taobao.png
    Fast-15 datas from taobao.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Fast-15 imp and TS from site.png
    Fast-15 imp and TS from site.png
    59 KB · Views: 72
  • Fast-15 spl from site.jpg
    Fast-15 spl from site.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 61
With a scale of -10dB to 110dB, anything can look reasonably flat! :)

I remember reading that there were two Lii companies, the LiiAudio, and the LiiSong, the latter being the copycat.
Or maybe the same company selling their defect drives under another name. Who knows...

Reactions: 1 user
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Uncharitable interpretation. I have several samples of Lii drivers, and in the context of the full range genre they are quite good. That said they tend to benefit from a little eq in the upper mid and top. The curve above on the left is probably accurate and the one on the right is probably after eq.

They may not be the best thing you can get but they are reasonably priced.

:cool:

• Thank You
Reactions: 3 users
Perceval, I don't think the spl level is at reference 2.83V, efficiency will be well above 90db/w/m, possibly at it above 95dB. The midrange peak soars above that. I don't see it as boosting 40-600Hz, more like reducing above 600Hz. And even if you insist the bass is boosted, it's still a pretty big driver with some reserve. This is the fullrange forum, where the frugelhorn with a 4 inch driver is one of the most popular designs. This will handle more power, even if it falls short compared to a PA 15" subwoofer.