• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

What capacitors are you using for Aleph J on Prasi's CRC PCB?
... and which MOSFETs?

I used these caps ALC10C333EF035 | KEMET 33000μF Electrolytic Capacitor 35V dc, Snap-In - ALC10C333EF035 | RS Components

And these MOSFETS: IPP029N06NAKSA1 Infineon Technologies | Mouser United Kingdom

TBH I don't have the knowledge to choose MOSFETs but these were recommended somewhere in this thread for First Watt amps so that's what I used!

Can anyone enlighten me on what the different choice of MOSFETs would make?

Just to close the loop on the CT-Discussion...I found this comment from Analog:

"but you could use the LT4320 with both windings out of phase. In this configuration, the center tap would be ground to your load while the LT4320 would have a separate local ground that would the be the "lowest" potential. These nodes are completely separated, with perhaps 10uF of biasing capacitance between them.

IN1 would connect to pin 3 on your transformer, and IN2 would connect to pin 6. The circuit would then use only two MOSFETs to rectify the positive output, these MOSFETs would connect from transformer pins 3 and 6 to OUTP. Then two diodes are connected from OUTN to each input pin to assure OUTN stays low. These diodes will not conduct the load current. The bottom gate pins are unused in this configuration. Finally, the load is connected between OUTP and the center tap."

...not sure how exactly the schematic would look like to be honest...what tyoe of diodes ? just some 1n4007 ?

LT4320 with center tapped Transformer - Q&A - Power By Linear - EngineerZone
Hello, Blitz,
I planned center-tapped single LT4320 configuration, but I encountered asymmetric problem.
LT4320 may not be work fine with dual rail configuration.
You should use two LT4320 with individual (separated) transformer wiring.

Edit:
Re-upload schematics.
Add last line.

Attachments

• LT4320.png
    LT4320.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 518
  • LT4320_Si2.png
    LT4320_Si2.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
Hello David,
think of SMD LT4320 AND THT LT4320 as simple rectifiers. This can be used to replace your regular rectifiers in existing PSU. e.g. THT LT4320 can be used to replace https://www.vishay.com/docs/88612/gbpc12.pdf and SMD LT4320 can be used to replace https://www.mouser.in/datasheet/2/427/pb3506-1767492.pdf

The LT4320 CRC PCB is a complete CRC PSU PCB with front end rectification by LT4320 chip.
please refer the schematic on page 1 and 3D models views attached here.

SMD LT4320 RECTIFIER 3D LT4320 based active rectifier

THT LT4320 RECTIFIER 3D LT4320 based active rectifier

Attachments

• 3D4.png
    3D4.png
    548.8 KB · Views: 893
  • 3D3.png
    3D3.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 890
  • 3D2.png
    3D2.png
    471.5 KB · Views: 864
  • 3D1.png
    3D1.png
    364.4 KB · Views: 805
  • 3D5.png
    3D5.png
    600.8 KB · Views: 838
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi Prasi,

I have a bunch of these CRC boards. Will they work with the LT4320 THT & smd boards from the GB's. If so, have you an image or guide as to how they would be connected.

Regards,

MM View attachment 849897

Yes, they will work.. please refer this image by Shaan. you need to scratch off the solder mask at marked places. You simply bypass the rectification section on your red boards , And instead use the lt4320 rectification. But remember, you need a dual secondary transformer and a pair of lt4320 rectifiers to get +/0/- supply.

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

regards
prasi

Last edited:
Hello folks,
the papal and address details of the following are not available with me. Some of you might have already participated in earlier gb, but cant find the details now. i am a really bad record keeper. pleaase share paypal and full postal address via pm.

• hifiramr
  • Powersuppe
  • 454Casull
  • rebone
  • mordikai
  • danny_66
  • abanico
  • chiily
  • sq225917
  • sadface
  • jason hubbard
  • helmutholz