LuDEF

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you can expect LuDEF P in few months

practically, Babelfish XA252 front end combined with LuDEF output stage

there is no challenge for me in combining Papa's FE Verbatim with anything

though, you're making rules in your own Legoland ......

power and dissipation - depending of rails and Iq of your choice; if these same as prescribed for LuDEF, then same power and heat

More 2SK2145-BL on the way, but also...

For those of us late to the party, Mouser expects ~2.6K units of the Toshiba end of December 2021, and many Ks more in January 2022.

As a dilettante, I don't follow the flux of supplies on things much; has this part been out of stock for a while? Or was my timing just bad?

Also, while poking around, I found the 2SK3320-BL, which appears to be similar, but with a lower power rating (200mW vs 300mW). It seems like it would be a worthy replacement, no?

Kind regards,
Drew

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
as far as I know, 2145 are of actual production, but you can buy them only when available - as any other part recently

availability of all parts in general , is more erratic since Covid crisis started

in most cases, some earlier planning (for keeping your own stock alive) is all is needed

in this moment I'm good with everything, especially because I'm in a middle of obtaining some serious quantity (at least for my capacity) of Metglas and Finemet cores for I. Pumpkins, same as fancy remote controls for same and for various other gadgets (needing remote control)

when these arrive in my hands, I'll be happy camper

Ok. Thank you Zen Mod, but on E-Bay, i see only adapter SOT23-5,
do you have any link about?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 159
Collecting parts for LuDEF on Mouser and have some noob's questions about the suitable alternatives.

10uF 16V 20% Audio SILMIC II - out of stock
What alternative would you recommend to go with:
Elna 10uF 35V 20% Audio SILMIC II or
Nichicon 16volts 10uF AEC-Q200

IRFP9140PBF - out of stock
Is the Infineon / IR IRFP9140NPBF the same thing?

What variant of BD139 (and BD140) is better: BD139-10 (hFE 63-160) or BD139-16 (hFE 100-250)?

Is BC546B good enough as BC546C is not available.
I also have BC550C on hands (lower max voltage ratings than BC546) - would it be a suitable replacement?

Would be thankful for comments :worship:

I am finding a problem adjusting offset and bias on ludef. I have prepared one channel only and I am working on that. Everything else is set but the offset is ~1.2V on the output and I cannot adjust to 0V. Altering the offset actually alters the bias. The two trimmers are coupled somehow.
Overall a 1 step forward 3 steps back kind of a weekend... so close and yet so far... ;)