Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

rowemeister said:
Just going a little of topic (again :D ) but you maybe interested.

I have a SA-7S1 in for upgrades at work. This thing is a beast, the build quality is amazing and to be fair so is the sound. It's that good I had to take it home to listen to what it could do and was very impressed. It uses 2x NPC SM5866 dacs.

The front panel where it curves round is 35mm thick machined aluminium!!!

SEE SOME PICS HERE

The pictures do not do it justice. I will get some better pics later

Brent

Brent,
Just curious, but what kind of upgrades are in order for the SA-7. Or, what is it that the owner is so displeased with to void the warranty?
I've heard an SA-7, and it does lack the detail of the finest players, and our modded players, but the 7 does have a nice look and build.

Steve

Well guys,
far away from such out of reach luxury machine here I am with my CD-53 :)
I'm cutting test boards for my DOS right now, not the final resistors (will order stuff for a fiend so some Takman or Holco for me), not the final caps (left Rubycon ZL from op amps) but almost the definitive tight fit.
I have to make up my pind about how to move or not the LM317/337 Raygs closer and remove a pair of cap, making a second pair of Raygs, making TeddyRegs, buy better caps...

• any problem fitting these boards as a layer over the main PCB as done with clocks or my Flea in my player? It's a room problem, so if they can go // over the DAC head that's fine.
• the chokes L1 L2 they have a dot on top wich shows a way, wich one is it?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Need rooooomm
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Matthieu