Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

moOde 9.0.2 is available in the Media Player OS section of the Raspberry Pi Imager or as a direct download at https://moodeaudio.org. Visit the Forum for more information https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=6594&pid=55186#pid55186

moode-r900-logotype-bg.png

-Tim

Reactions: 1 user
I am having a few problems witih Moode 9.

I installed version 9: 2024-05-17-moode-r900-arm64-lite.img

Moode settings says I am on the latest version.

Question: How can I check the actual version installed in the Moode settings?

Problems:
1) The output level is lower than earlier versions of Moode e.g. Measured o/p level using a 1KHz sine wave with peak level of 0dB is 1.049 VRMS with Moode 9 versus 1.727VRMS with an earlier version. (@ 50% volume the figures are 132.2mV versus 266.9mV).
2) The sound seems to emphasise the treble range more with Moode 9. Hiss on recodrings seems more noticeable. IMO the sound is not as good as earlier versions.
3) Quite a lot of FLAC music files in my library will not play or display correctly (seperate USB drive with its own PS).

Digital System:
Pi3B with IQ Audio DAC Pro HAT via I2S
Hardware volume control
No upsampling or DSP etc.
Analogue gain = 0dB = 2V RMS
Analgue gain boost = 0dB

Have I done something wrong?
I will go back to an earlier vesion for the time being.

Thanks and regards,
Dave

After posting the following cover art stuff to the Moode forum to a cover art thread, my post got deleted and my posting permissions were removed.
Being myself an admin for several forums for over 20 years, hard to see any logic in that other than me speaking of two alternative Pi music softwares.

Anyways, showing here how cover art things are done in Hifiberry64 and rAudio.

Hifiberry64 has a nice way of showing webradio cover art.

piBwGUW.png

Settings for Hifiberry64 cover art:
U571lZW.png

rAudio shows webradio cover art this way (artist, song, album), with proper audio track infos as well. (No audio infos in Hifiberry64).

yXyNzyp.png

@Riatsa
I saw your posts there, you requested an extra Web-radio feature be added.
Tim politely explained the moOde philosphy of having a curated selection of ad free stations with stable metadata.

You also know that as moOde is open-source you can implement your own feature and add a pull request to have it included.
You continued to call for the feature in further posts and implied that as other o/s had it then moOde should satisfy your wants and include it.

I expect you were removed for reasons other than "speaking of two alternative Pi music softwares."

I too am an admin on other forums and am not surprised at the outcome.