Munich High end 2022

OP : Really great pictures! Thanks a bunch.

I have to tell you that my engineering mind has always always wanted me to like ceramic speakers and never ever have I heard a ceramic speaker I wanted to own. Sliced paper composites and AMT's for the win say I! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Thanks to DSP , these days you can equalise any driver perfectly flat; within +/- 0.5dB. (Perhaps less as long as you have enough biquads ). At least for the on-axis response. Half of that you can’t control for the polar response.

I wonder whether this explains our experiences?

Thanks to give Yevgeniy and it’s large driver database, I’ve taken the liberty to “see” what happens when we equalise all drivers below (6.5”) to flat.

Let’s ignore everything below 500 Hz for the simple reason that the room controls response with a 500 and go all the way up to 20 K. Assume no lowpass filter and you’re listening to a full range- this is what you hear when you equalise to perfectly flat on-axis (blue line)

Even with a low pass filter around 2Khz; you’re still going to some audible content at 4Khz, and maybe 8Khz; depending on how steep you cross.

Probably also explains why the most designers with experience will say that hard cone drivers work best work steep filters (LR4 minimum)
3EF3E9C2-4C46-4D52-8CD4-51368A19F45A.jpeg
B5F2254E-55D8-427E-ADB6-6FF50EAAF80C.jpeg
4DCF7DAA-32CD-4FB8-8CEF-E50ECC4B16CA.jpeg
9F0FC19B-5A5F-4DAA-AEA5-EA6EB8CA92CB.jpeg
418252A2-A4A4-44C3-B1F8-C9B5B0B448E4.jpeg
64FBFEBF-E049-484F-9F71-A9A460E1FBCD.jpeg
0F1305B0-3E29-4E0D-835E-7DF74DCC875A.jpeg

A lollipop- which is the poly cone, the paper cone, the carbon-paper cone, the sliced paper,
the extreme cone, the ceramic cone, and metal cone?

Thnx for your photos and report!

I first saw in your picture, an interesting premiere, Monitor Audio trying to beat Kef Blade, parallel ideas — pseudo-coaxial and opposite bass drivers. How did they sound, if you listen? At least some portion of new engineering.

1653205559866.png

1653205480090.png

Reactions: 3 users
OP : Really great pictures! Thanks a bunch.

I have to tell you that my engineering mind has always always wanted me to like ceramic speakers and never ever have I heard a ceramic speaker I wanted to own. Sliced paper composites and AMT's for the win say I! :)
Yes, I agree. After this high end show
There are some monstrosities there that you just wouldn't take home after 20 drinks.
If I could take one speaker and one speaker only, it would be the Lorenzo audio Lm1 from Spain. Truly breathtaking performance!! A bit
20220521_111028.jpg
exaggerated optic though.

Thnx for your photos and report!

I first saw in your picture, an interesting premiere, Monitor Audio trying to beat Kef Blade, parallel ideas — pseudo-coaxial and opposite bass drivers. How did they sound, if you listen? At least some portion of new engineering.

View attachment 1056633

View attachment 1056631
Thanks olegtern!and with pleasure 😀

I have been only briefly at the monitor audio room, so I cannot comment on the sound. They seemed very elegant and compact... a pleasant surprise from This company (y)

If I could take one speaker and one speaker only, it would be the Lorenzo audio Lm1 from Spain.
I just looked up the specs. It's not dissimilar to my surrounds, less the supertweeter, except mine were active. Interesting to know what the drivers are. The ST is likely a Fostex or TAD, the WG looks SEOS15. The other two I dunno, but the look of the LF driver and a 16" frame make me think GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
I first saw in your picture, an interesting premiere, Monitor Audio trying to beat Kef Blade, parallel ideas — pseudo-coaxial and opposite bass drivers.
The psuedo-coax reminds me of Follgott's speaker in some ways and a similar (sort of) experiment of mine with a 6" coax with a quad of 8" drivers around it. Bass is PPSL which the late djk put me onto in maybe 01. Put he used push pull rather than push push.

Very striking looking and no doubt eye wateringly expensive.

Some BMDs and a small AMT and you'd be able to clone it.

Last edited:
I just looked up the specs. It's not dissimilar to my surrounds, less the supertweeter, except mine were active. Interesting to know what the drivers are. The ST is likely a Fostex or TAD, the WG looks SEOS15. The other two I dunno, but the look of the LF driver and a 16" frame make me think GPA.
Looks like a Supravox 285-2000 Mid and 380-2000 Bass, guessing the AlNiCo versions as they mention that on their website.
https://www.supravox.fr/categorie-produit/haut-parleurs/serie-2000/

"The more things change, the more they remain the same" :sigh:: modern 'take' of a '50s era lay down Altec A5x, so actually could be made to perform well at a reasonable cost and without mass quantities of computer management.
Unfortunately the guys who bring the Western Electric haven't come this year... but what a drama those old paper/alnico drivers can make! Size does matter after all.