My open baffle journey

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Thanks Scott!
...and now the well known demo song, no change in the speaker or xo configuration, just another power amp. I think the difference is huge. It's still lively, but far from shouty/harsh:

Wow, beautiful sounding 💪

I am in the process of building something similar - at first i will be using a Lii Fast 8 FR and the Bianco 15OB350 bass (as i have both lying ready), with the intend to change the F8 into an W8-2145 or the W8-1808, down the line.

I am going to use a Biamp6-24 for active crossover - are you willing to share your crossover design?
I am thinking about implementing the same tweeter as you use with passive crossover from the FR (instead of having to use two Biamp6-24s)
Have you heard the 1808? there is quite a price difference, so i am thinking, if it is worth the extra money in this use-case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2021
Paid Member
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2021
Paid Member
It's the first time ever that I can listen to every kind of music, no matter which genre... I never get the feeling "that doesn't suit my system". Now I can here (almost) every of my CDs and I listen every day for some hours. It's great.
Now, a completely different music (genre):

Reactions: 6 users
It's the first time ever that I can listen to every kind of music, no matter which genre... I never get the feeling "that doesn't suit my system". Now I can here (almost) every of my CDs and I listen every day for some hours. It's great.
Now, a completely different music (genre):

Do you have any horizontal and vertical off axis measurements?
The tweeter looks like an interesting add on, but I'm curious of the FR as you move the mic up, or to the side.