New Markaudio Drivers

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
:^D

Home now, starting my recovery now, quite amazing how 5 days in bed and the rest being only able to shuffle around the ward floor for exercise. I did get a first chance to really do some walking “barefoot” (really wearing the smiley socks they hand out with grippy dots all over — sort if like socks pretending to be slippers) without my left foot orthodic.

dave

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm an user of CHN and Pluvia HD but noticed that all Markaudio models are kinda muddy or not clear enough in specific mid high frequencies.

In this video you can hear the difference between the drivers and the Aiyima drivers are much clearer in mid upper frequencies. I also found other versus videos and its the same story. i'm experiencing the same with my markaudio drivers. Is that just their signature how they sound or they need burn in to open up ?
I know what you mean, but I would say curtailed highs rather than muddy subjectively. I have recently run in a pair of P7HD's and they improved no end but still lack the clarity and dynamics of a paper cone such as the Aiyima/Audio Labs. To cite one example, one of my reference pieces of music is Carmel the title track of an album by Joe Sample.

At the end of the track is a finale of Cymbal crashes. My Audio labs capture this with what I'm accustomed too, but my P7HD's do not. The latter are the most accomplished and balanced speaker without a doubt, but for me, despite that, it is the Audio Labs that I keep wanting to listen to, time and time again. Ergo they just sound more musical for my tastes.

When money and time permits, I will get the MAOP 7's, as from what I've read and heard the highs are excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The range of supported parameters is quite wide, with FE126 an example of the far edge one way, and a driver of say Q > 0.65. The box is large enuff that the relative differences in Vas not that large. In the former one usually only wants damping in the point and as much boundary loading as you can get, the latte rwith near maximum up front, and much more freedom wit placement — it might not be possible to get them as close to the walls,

One of the beauties of the FHs is that one can change their voicing just by changing driver.

dave

Reactions: 2 users
I have to downsize my TV set up and need to make a 'sound bar'. KJF has lots of plans for the new smaller drivers, but wondering if anyone has a standout design. I might just stick with a pair of A7.3s or P7HD as I think they are great and I have a few sets..

But any killer ideas out there? They will sit under the TV on a rack but in a fairly small English room and tight in an alcove, it can be as wide as the tv so up to 1m x 500mm x 180mm, but no up firing magic. Could be active with Hypex plate amp.

Thanks in advance.