• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New, unused AD1862N and AD1865N-J DAC chips

Hmm, some bad news guys, i did not know the chips were sent from the U.S.
Buying things from US from Portugal is a mess and terribly expensive.
I was going to buy 36 chips, the cost with shipping was almost 900€ , plus, when it gets here, i'd pay +23% (Tax) and also +16.5% (random customs tax) , which would put the price close to 1300€ , and that's assuming everything goes OK in customs. (you never know)

I thought the chips did not come from the U.S, from what i can see i cannot buy these anywhereelse in Europe.
It has to be someone from U.S to carry on with this.

Sorry guys, too much risk and too pricey for me to sell it to you after.
******* taxes.

Reactions: 1 user
Those are pretty high taxes but it's unavoidable for EU buyers from a US group buy. Buyers will pay their own country's tax when their chips arrive in the post.
Yea, but since the shipping mostly it's from "envelope" (regular mail) , no customs taxes is applied, nor VAT.
But for someone to actually buy these chips from outside US, you can't avoid that.

Sorry for making a promise i can't deliver, even if you guys would pay almost 40€ per chip + shipping, it doesn't feel right since i don't believe in capitalism.

Rochester's business is to handle the end-of-life sales of products discontinued by manufacturers. The agreements they have with the manufacturers are apparently pretty strict in order to guarantee supply for commercial customers who have been using these parts for a while. AD1862 is in good quantity and seems to sell slowly, but they can't sell them as easily as we might want.

hahahhaha, must be, it's really sad sometimes as an european to try to buy something from the US / UK , so many taxes it's unbelievable, i'd buy 2 happily, for the counts of it, 24 chips were already lined up here, just needs a kind soul which is us-based to pick this up and takr the front-cost, i honestly would but instead of costing you 29€ per chip, it'd cost 38€ per chip which is really pricey.