Official M2 schematic

Dear all

I'm gathering the parts for an M2, and as usual, a case is one of the biggest issues.

I was wondering if anyone has thought of putting a more modern Pass design in an adcom GFA 5400 case?

634502-powerful_dcom_gfa5400_2channel_stereo_power_amplifier.jpg

Maybe even some of the parts could be salvaged ....

Dave

Would there be any harm if I tuned down R10 and R12 to 47 Ohms?

I am pondering to split the circuit to modules so I can switch between an F5 or an M2. I guess keeping the gate resistors close to the gates would be a good idea such that it was better to have a detachable connector between MOSFET plus gate resistor and the rest of the two circuits.
F5 uses 47 Ohm gate resistors and the manual speaks of a trimmed frequency response due to the gate resistors.

Mono Block M2

I thought I'd run this idea by you more experienced builders. Would a pair of these chassis work for M2 mono blocks?
Mini Dissipante 2U 300mm frontale 10mm ARGENTO coperchi e retro in alluminio 3mm
Not really wanting to end up with a huge, hernia-building, stereo chassis. I do really like fully mono power supplies. Heat wise, it works ok, the issue is having to put one output device on each heat sink (P on one side, N on the other). Is it better to have these thermally coupled? Or does it really matter?

Also the power transformer and autoformer end up a little close...hmm

Cinco

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I thought I'd run this idea by you more experienced builders. Would a pair of these chassis work for M2 mono blocks?
Mini Dissipante 2U 300mm frontale 10mm ARGENTO coperchi e retro in alluminio 3mm
Not really wanting to end up with a huge, hernia-building, stereo chassis. I do really like fully mono power supplies. Heat wise, it works ok, the issue is having to put one output device on each heat sink (P on one side, N on the other). Is it better to have these thermally coupled? Or does it really matter?

Also the power transformer and autoformer end up a little close...hmm

Cinco

yes, I have been looking at these new 'Mini Dissipante' chassis too , they are really nice for mono blocks.
I don't think the P and N need real thermal coupling. The opto coupler feedback will take care off the offset.:)