On A Hippie Trail, Head Full Of Zombie

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I only wondered today what that meant and Google'd it (what does head full of zombie mean):

'They open with the singer travelling in a fried-out Kombi, on a hippie trail, head full of zombie. In Australian slang "fried-out" means overheated, "Kombi" refers to the Volkswagen Type 2 combination van, and having "a head full of zombie" refers to the use of a type of marijuana.'

There are some new models recently posted by IanHegglun for the Exicon 20N20 and 20P20. So I simulated the f7 with them using matched and unmatched jfets. I also simulated a notch filter to see if the distortion waveform phase would change in ltspice. The unmatched pair distortion was 180 degrees out of phase with the matched pair distortion. The Idss of the 2sj74 was 6.4ma and the 2sk170 was 8.4ma. The distortion was 0.04 thd for the matched pair and 0.01 for the unmatched pair.The unmatched pair has a higher loop gain.

Attachments

• f7_unmatched.jpg
    f7_unmatched.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 187
How new?

Try 5.4 and 8.4 with 5 ohms and 15 ohms source respectively.

I generally modify the models so the curves actually match the parts I am using.

Your simulated measurements are very close to the real measurements, I get depending on feedback etc.

Last edited:
Well Pico, I have never tried to modify models myself and I don't have a 5.4ma model. I got the jfet models from circuits Patrick posted. Ian posted the models on 19 july 2020. Here are some transfer curves.

Attachments

• 20P20-75_.png
    20P20-75_.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 20N20-75_.png
    20N20-75_.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 168