Pass F5m

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Irfp140 and 9140, Harris P ch versions of course...

Shipping in a few days. Two kits, essentials and completion. Eessentials are two channels pcb plus semis plus power
supply pcb and Completion kits is everything else that goes on PC boards plus mounting hardware.

:snail:

• Thank You
Reactions: 12 users
I have been bench testing dual 24V MeanWell LRS-150F SMPS supplies on the F5m. On my test bench, with the stereo channels powered on for several days, I found that both SMPS supplies had shut down due to some kind of fault.
This might be a problem using two or more SMPS supplies that do not synchronize their behavior. Fortunately, the F5m channels survived whatever occurred.

This indicates another advantage with linear power supplies.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been bench testing dual 24V MeanWell LRS-150F SMPS supplies on the F5m. On my test bench, with the stereo channels powered on for several days, I found that both SMPS supplies had shut down due to some kind of fault.
This might be a problem using two or more SMPS supplies that do not synchronize their behavior. Fortunately, the F5m channels survived whatever occurred.

This indicates another advantage with linear power supplies.
one B+ on out is a big problem :/ need relay syncro at last , as linear can lost bridge

The Meanwell LRS series is the least expensive of their chassis mount SMPS. There are other models that might be worth trying.
I used the the RSP-150-27 in one of my ACA builds. It was a step up from the 24V brick that comes with the the ACA kit, if not quite as good as the linear supply that I use today.