Reflektor-D builds

Hi all,I just build five reflektor d for all my digital items. SSD hard disk, Cubieboard, CDPRO 5v, TPA Metronome and BIII. I build them on teflon board point to point.
K 117 in place of 1k resistor .I'm very satisfied with sound quality. the clear voices and shining highs are the highligths. But also dinamic and sense of being there are outstanding.
I changed my speakers, now I get a 4 way fullhorn biamped and also at very hi spl the sound is clear and without any trace of distortion.
My previous volt regs are Salas 1.2r.
Thanks Nick for another great work!!!

some pictures IMG_1253[1].JPG

IMG_1252[1].JPG

Hello here :)

I am finishing my proto pcb for an "special" ReflectorD build for an RaspberryPi B.

The PI need's 4,75 - 5,25 VDC (Min/Max) voltage, and uses around 400 - 800mA depending on load.

Well i would use IRF9640 instead of the IRF9610 for this setup, and 0,56ohm for Rset for approx. 1000mA CCS according to the buildguide.

Those things was suggested, but i need to know, what the approx. voltage drop will be, when calculating the Vout. I would like 5.10VDC out, but maybe the regulator has to be calculated for 5,30VDC for giving this?

Hope somebody here can answer this?

Jesper.

Hi there Jesper, I've read that the RPi3, even with no peripherals connected, needs a lot of available current to properly work. The sneaky part is that the high current consumption is not constant - it has very short spikes of high consumption.

Just FYI..

Exactly. I would afraid of two things when applying shunt regulator to various load like computer (Rpi3 in this example):
1. high, short current consumption spikes (you would have to set your CCS very high)
2. Assuming 1 is met then I would afraid of huge amount of heat to sink during processor idle times.

Thanks...

I know, there could be some issuses here, but case is that i need to build 2-3 of them for a new dac i am building (Old AD1856 R2R).

So if this one fails for my RPI B (Which peaks at max 800mA i hope :D), i can use it for my XMOS USB to I2s.

Let's see how it goes :)

Jesper.

Attachments

• RefD-1.jpg
    RefD-1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 268
Hey here :p

First fireup on this shuntreg. was success :)

First setup is loaded with 5.04 / 20 ohm = 250mA

The voltage (5.04 VDC) is excatly was the LED's *2 + 1.22 was giving me. I was not thinking, that there was no voltagedrop, but is it right that this voltage will be stable until CCS (0.61/0.56=~1000mA) is reached ?

I will find another resistor, and try to load the reg. a little more now.

But! --- It is getting hot :flame: But with some good sinks, it will be doable i think; my transformer is delivering 12vac, which does not make things better.

Anyway i now know that my pcb is working, just wishing i had a scope right now :eek:

Jesper.

Attachments

• RefD-2.jpg
    RefD-2.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 271