• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

RTR SSR Speaker Protection GB 4

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Please add your name to the list here if you place a preorder just so we can track the overall level of interest. Thanks.

XRK971 2 USA
Raymond1 2 France
Francois G 2 USA
Vunce 2 USA
Kokanee 6 Canada

mahtew 6 Poland
Ipolyakov 2 USA
zman01 4 USA
Cambe 2 USA

Someone with initials JB from Finland just placed a pre-order for a pair. Thank you!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks, I went to place the production order for the SSR’s and it seems we have a worldwide shortage of optically isolated mosfet gate drivers. The Si8752AB part is basically unobtanium for another 2-3 years. It is available but at 10x the original price, and this is prohibitively too high. Jhofland and I are trying to figure out another path. The problem is, even the alternate parts are low stock.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
We found an alternate part (IXYS FDA215) and I bought the last 104 units from Mouser to lock it in. I have also asked the assembly house to buy the remaining BOM parts today to lock those in. In the meantime, Jhofland has revised the layout to accommodate this alternate part. But it will require us ordering a few boards, building it and testing it before we can go to full production. This will add 10-14 days to the process. Thanks for your patience.