SlewMaster Builds

Actually, the last two amps built were Valery's design. I also etched a Le Monstre last week, I have boards for the AX-14 on a ship somewhere and just ordered a pair of BMG8 boards. So not "all" OS designs. Last week hooked up to the A/B setup were three different versions of the VSSA, a FetZilla, a KSA50, a Symasym, an SKA GB150 and a slew of Slewmaster combos. Believe me, it is not a limiting design.

Blessings, Terry

Terry,
You have so many different amplifiers it becomes hard to keep track. I do have a pair of Lazy Cat's VSSA amps that I have yet to complete and some from Harrison also. I also have a pair of boards from Jason for the Slewmaster output section but not the input section yet. If power output is not an issue to drive a pair of speakers do you have a favorite design? I understand that all of what you have built have been high quality designs but can you say you like any one over the others for sound quality?

Will you be using a decent soft-start circuit? That would likely work with a well controlled inrush current, otherwise I'd try to source something more like a 10A two pole switch for longevity.

Thanks Jason. I will be using Aussieamp soft start module with the button switch or should i get a higher rating switch as you stated above?. I will try to get some pics tonite after work.
Quan

Just a couple of pictures of my 2OPS/Symasui builds.

Attachments

• IMG_7359.JPG
    IMG_7359.JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_7360.JPG
    IMG_7360.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_7362.JPG
    IMG_7362.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 426
Hi Guys,

This is probably going to sound a little nuts but I was sitting here today looking at all the extra IPS boards I have and started wondering about building a very simple OPS to play around with. Inspired by the VSSA that drives a pair of laterals directly from the VAS I plugged a couple of them into spice behind the Syasui IPS. It runs but I'm sure I have something wrong somewhere so before I burn up some devices I though I would have you guys look at it. I know I probably need a vbe multiplier but hopefully you guys can give some suggestions. I want to keep it as simple as possible. This is just for fun and hopefully to learn something.

Blessings, Terry

Attachments

• dadomodels.txt
    30 KB · Views: 69
  • DIYAamp.txt
    39.6 KB · Views: 82
  • SYMASUI-LATERAL.asc
    11.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Symasui laterals 3.jpg
    Symasui laterals 3.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
D9 and D10 are oriented to pass current directly from one rail to the other. If the intent was to use them as 'catching' diodes then reverse their polarity and connect the junction to the output node. Gate protection is also integral to the Renesas laterals, though with Alfet or Magnatec parts they would be advised. R31 and VR32 can be replaced with a simple VBE multiplier or even a pair of small diodes. I like the VBEx because it is adjustable.

Sorry I used VBEx as a colloquial shorthand for VBE Multiplier. I'm surfing on a tablet at the moment so a diagram isn't so easy right this second. Look at my VSSA schematic and you see the single NPN transistor in the middle Q8, along with R15, VR2 and C3 are the VBE Multiplier circuit.