Some speaker driver measurements...

PXL_20240323_093623730.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 users
I really don't understand this faceplate with this "micro waveguide".
It's deep so you have problems >20kHz but small so it doesn't do anything in the 2-3kHz range. It just makes things worse?

Tweeter shows high H2 as most wide surround tweeters but the rest looks fine! For the price ... I would chose something different.

If you see as it dives in the highs, I wonder why they took whatever waveguides shape when you see how already this very small WB does !

Looks not like a High end tweeter ! Cause you certainly needs to notch that middle frequency plateau and due to the fast rising of H3, you perhaps need a two cells asymetric high pass ?!

Pehaps a tweeter made for avtive filtering... The equivalent at SBAcoustic is more linear in the audio band.

Looks not like a High end tweeter ! Cause you certainly needs to notch that middle frequency plateau and due to the fast rising of H3, you perhaps need a two cells asymetric high pass ?!

Pehaps a tweeter made for avtive filtering... The equivalent at SBAcoustic is more linear in the audio band.
It is not problem at all. Just a standard capacitor as part of the filter, and playing with value to compensate the FR to flat. Easy.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi JF definitly fan of your site and the work you do on the cnc front plates.

Have you heard both 34A and 34B and have a subjective preference in the rooms you heard them ?

I wonder about Be vs Tzxtreme! Hifijim said there were very few difference between a Satoei Be he has and the Tetremeof the same Brand.

When you see the curves, they all ar different. Some tweeter may be well clear despite having no hard dome - SB26STAC in mind for the illustration with cut offs greater than 2k5 hz.

Don'tget mewrong, I am a fan of hard domeshaving a daily rare tweeter alum dome with passive notch, but I am very open. Are the Be dome darker and sweeter to the ears because their post ears band post ringing ?

Assuming of course most of us are still with passuive filteringg involving less liverty than DSP and tradeoffs due to the passive parts (mostly caps coloration?

I wonder. But thelow end that is always critical (see Zaph coments) in a tweeter (and I beleive even more for a mid) my hifi journey shows me a job made on the filters and passive parts choice can get rid of many situations vis à vis of a subjective filter tweak at iso drivers... in one's own listening room?

Did you noticed a clear plus for the Be over the Al or other stiifs materials for tweeters after integration, please ?

cheers

PS : question open to the thread owner of course.

The difference in sound between T25 tweeters with different dome materials I described here:

https://hificompass.com/en/reviews/bliesma-t25a-6-t25b-6-t25d-6-t25s-6#sound

and here:
https://hificompass.com/en/reviews/bliesma-m74a-6-m74b-6-m74p-6-and-m74s-6#M74compare

The difference in sound between TW29 tweeters with different dome materials I described here:

https://hificompass.com/en/reviews/satori-tw29txn-b#sound

The difference between Textreme and Beryllium to my ears is like night and day, and likewise between Aluminum and Beryllium

• Thank You
Thanks.
Btw, what is your playback sources for the subjective listenning test of your tests, please.
Did you notice a difference to exploit 100% the quality of those drivers according you use DSP from some plate amps with their ADC to DAC stream over passive filter ?
You have an edge on Be over Textreme rigth ?

Hificompass +10.
Diyiggy: your chase for the right tweeter for you seems neverending. Good advices can point you the right direction but you need to decide, make the step forward, buy measure listen and repeat. There are many great sounding tweeters and many of us had to buy measure listen many tweeters to find out what we like and this path/approach is quite inevitable for anyone.

• Thank You
Reactions: 3 users
T25B seems NLA, cheaper SBACOUSTICS good enough ?
Bliesma seems to have some Beryllium still available, I bought my T34A tweeters from this store and they say they have stock of the T25B. My own T25B came direct from Bliesma after Scanspeak stopped making Be Tweeters.
https://audio-hi.fi/en/bliesma_t25b-6-p-4943.html

Also the TW29BN is more expensive than the T25B when I have looked, it might be different for a local buying from TLHP.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to try, this driver measures quite well
https://www.htguide.com/forum/forum...-some-random-driver-tests?p=950807#post950807

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006256231999.html

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
Hello fluid, good to see you chimming here too.

Thanks , yeah I saw there are some left here and there but at 300 euros more per unit in spite of the 200 euros it was 2 years ago still !

I am collecting tweeters as I have found as you know already the mids and the bass drivers and I have very few time to saw wood and makes measurements in that moment of my life. I think I trigger on a Satori Be to complete my collection (for trying in real). But let see before that link you provided :)

Last edited:
T25B is a better tweeter than the TW29BN by a large margine. Better overall transient behavior, better mechanical design and smaller footprint.

I've noticed that quite a few tweeters use a deeper but small WG. I think that's a crutch to boost extreme top end output by operating in a cavity resonance mode. This causes alot of abnormalities ie. notches, peaks, FR wiggle above 10k. It also can create stored energy problems. Morel does something similar with their IDR faceplate design. The diffraction will create more output above 10k and mimick a wider dispersion behavior, but it ruins transient response and produces early reflections slightly off axis. I really like alot of Morel domes, but that IDR lense thing isn't that great IMO. I usually replace those with flat faceplates.