Some speaker driver measurements...

Thanks , yeah I saw there are some left here and there but at 300 euros more per unit in spite of the 200 euros it was 2 years ago still !
Prices on everything have become much higher than they used to be so it is hard to criticize manufacturers for raising prices. But it does change the value proposition. Most of the drivers I have sitting in my cupboards I would be thinking twice about buying at the current prices.
I think I trigger on a Satori Be to complete my collection (for trying in real). But let see before that link you provided :)
The construction of the driver matches up well with the sound descriptions above. A big fat surround is going to produce more low order distortion and is going to contribute to the sound character as more of the radiating area is from a softer less pistonic material. The very flat and wide dome makes the directivity really narrow up at high frequencies. There is also the dished faceplate which adds to the same sort of tendency.

If you have experience of and like ring radiator tweeters then you would probably like the SB tweeters as they will have some of the same traits. If you don't then maybe you won't :) But unless you have the opportunity to compare in the same design I'm sure any of them will make you happy.

@fluid As you likely know, I had quite a bit of issues with Audio-hi.fi that I stopped buying from them. Hopefully they didn't cause any problems with your order. My T34B fiasco really left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd love to get a pair of M74A or B but not from them.
Yes I did read of the issues you had, I am always concerned that something similar will happen to me shipping drivers to Australia. My experience was very positive as my drivers arrived without any issue. The packing was minimal but the Bliesma manufacturer packing is good to start with. TLHP are the masters of extra packing, they always add air bags or foam pellets inside an external box.

Soundimports have always been good to buy from too, but they seem to have had a difficult relationship with Bliesma and no longer offer them so apart from Solen there isn't anyone else obvious to suggest to buy them from other than direct from Bliesma.

Reactions: 1 user
The prices sure have shot up for all the Bliesma stuff, not just their Be drivers. I almost prefer the M74A over the Be version, but its no longer as affordable either.

Looking at other Be tweeters, they seem to differ quite a bit in character from brand to brand. The little plastic SB26 compact Be tweeter looks interesting. Its hard to justify over $300 a piece for plastic neo driver.