Something to lighten the mood

1718257436534.png

Some of these pop music chord progressions need to be retired, like basketball jersey numbers or something. Thanks for your service, you made a lot of kids happy, now we're gonna respectfully hang you up in the rafters over here, and just shhhh! be quiet now.

I feel like I've been hearing the same 2 or 3 damn songs for the last 25 years.

Heh, heh... indeed! There's a longer "studio" version of this (embedded in the link below) that's even more hilarious.

According to this and other sources it's a "I-V-vi-IV" chord progression (I haven't a clue what that means). Just change the key, a few words, the rhythm, and/or the instruments - and voila! I was surprised at a few of the tunes that made the list (e.g., Take Me Home, Country Roads, Auld Lang Syne).

Auld Lang Syne?!?!

Apparently they've been dong this crap for a very, very long time... 🤡

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get the AC/DC T-Shirt at all. Who are those people? :(

My mood was not initially lightened this morning on reading about a huge £1.4Bn pile of date-expired Covid era PPE in the lovely New Forest in Hampshire.

Portsmouth F.C. could build a new stadium with that sort of cash.

Dumped PPE £1.4Bn.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cll476qzm85o

Seemed a bit wasteful to me. But then I remembered this is Economics at work.

Apparently the manufacturers have retired to Caribbean islands with the huge profits and no impropriety is alleged. It all will doubtless produce lots of Energy in our local incineration power plant.

This is Capitalist Economics in rude good health. Keynes said that digging a hole in the ground and then filling it in again is good for jobs.

Karl Marx says it is inevitable in a Capitalist system:

Karl Marx and Capitalist Crises.png

My mood is lightened. All under control then! :D