Something to lighten the mood

This is Capitalist Economics in rude good health. Keynes said that digging a hole in the ground and then filling it in again is good for jobs.

Karl Marx says it is inevitable in a Capitalist system:

View attachment 1326302

My mood is lightened. All under control then! :D

His brother had other ideas:

Quotation-Groucho-Marx-Politics-is-the-art-of-looking-for-trouble-finding-it-18-92-77.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: 5 users
Like everyone else here, I think Politics is a subject to be avoided at all costs.

I have even worse problems understanding Economics. My pal was trying to explain how Nixon getting rid of the Gold Standard in 1971 in the US caused the Crash of 1974 in Britain.

Or made it less worse than it could have been, so he actually did a good thing... or something.

I said to him could we talk about the Euros football instead please. My brain is hurting. :(

But in Highgate cemetary, London, someone had a sense of humour, and moved Karl Marx' tombstone 200 yards to create the gag.

Adjacent tombstones:

1) Karl Marx, known for his Egalitarian views in Economics:

Karl Marx.jpg

2) Herbert Spencer, known for coining Darwinian "Survival of the Fittest" in Economics and founder of famous retail chain "Marks and Spencer":

Herbert Spencer.jpg

Collectively known as "Marx and Spencer" and doubtless still arguing about it all right now! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user
Collectively known as "Marx and Spencer" and doubtless still arguing about it all right now! :ROFLMAO:
Go back and watch your Star Trek again. Trapped in that doorway between universes (one of matter, one of antimatter). Arguing about it until hell freezes over or the debate over the audibility of cables has been resolved. Whichever comes first.

Reactions: 1 user
Go back and watch your Star Trek again. Trapped in that doorway between universes (one of matter, one of antimatter). Arguing about it until hell freezes over or the debate over the audibility of cables has been resolved. Whichever comes first.
It HAS been resolved, long ago.
Just after the first serious experiment.
Only "True Believers" don't acknowledge it and get into "I don't hear you" mode. 🙄