• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The SLB (Smooth Like Butter) Active Rect/CRC/Cap Mx Class A Power Supply GB

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Happy Days,
I reflowed the solder joints on the entire board and powered it back up. Everything worked as it should, and dialed in the BJT drop to 2.3V and output was a touch over 31V. I also hooked up my SFP to the transformers on a separate test and the board seemed to work OK. Next step is to start installing components into the chassis.
MM

Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
@ BMM, yes I will. I am a slow and methodical builder. I am in the process of installing the SFP/trans/SLB's/fans/HS/amp module into the chassis for an actual load test. Will post some pics when this happens.

@ xrk971: Is it recommended to test the amplifier with a load attached ?. I have some 100W/8ohm resistor's, will they be OK for this ?

Thanks,
MM

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I believe you are correct. The Q10 and Q12 are designated BCE when looking at the face of the transistor reading the lettering. If you are attaching to the chassis base or a heat sink this would ensure that the base goes to the square. You can check also by looking at the schematic or by using your DMM. I attached mine with flying leads but no molex cable, and I traced the base on the transistor back to the square pad on the slb board.
MM