The Very Best Amplifier I Have Ever Heard!!!!

My Goldmund 's .
Regards,Alex

Attachments

• IMG_4305.jpg
    IMG_4305.jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 1,467
  • IMG_5524.jpg
    IMG_5524.jpg
    997 KB · Views: 1,352
You, can read from picture, from where ..... They are, special manufactured ,for audio, and perform very well ,without noise and small magnetic loss .:)
Regards,Alex

I can confirm Alex words. I use one of my five collection in NBip build. I will use rest of group in several slewmaster build.

Marc

Attachments

• P1040434.JPG
    P1040434.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,577
  • P1030452.JPG
    P1030452.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,552
No, bias current is bias current.

If you increase the voltage you turn down the bias back to your chosen current.

The Perreaux I am repairing has ±115V and is set to only 170mA total per channel = 34mA per pair as it has 10 devices per channel. The heatsinks are about room temp.
I know bias current is bias current , but power consumption is very different with +/- 50V @ 150mA bias and +/- 80V @ 150 mA bias. That was my point.

power consumption
Yes, sorry, my mistake, my brain was off-line at that moment due to a flu or something. After a good sleep I could then again remember and comprehend that the Wattage to be dissipated is derived from the voltage drop across the device x the current through it.

At that impaired moment of typing I was thinking (or not!) that only the current determines the heat, but, of course, the resistive element de-energises the elections higher potential into lower potential, energising the device into becoming warmer and the higher the potential, the greater the de-energising.