The XSD Speaker

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Please ignore the mess, I have to store the speakers in the basement for now as I have an event at the home next weekend. But, the finish is lovely on these cabinets, he's indeed a master craftsman (thanks for the recommendation again, X!). I am still deciding on which way to go for the finish.. thinking about Watco danish oil or monocoat. Anyway, here are some photos for now:

View attachment 1081068 View attachment 1081069 View attachment 1081071

EDIT: The photos and the light really don't do justice to how good they look and feel in person.
They are absolutely phantastic!
My biggest problem is to find a craftsman who is ready to do this job... they are simply not interested...

Unfortunately, the shipping service damaged the speaker and broke the cast aluminum frame on the PRV midrange driver. We had to order replacements and fix damage to the wings. Reassembling and testing things now. I packed it quite well but looks like it was dropped.
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that :confused:

They broke the PRV frame?? They must have seriously abused it. Hopefully the shipping company reimbursed you

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Great news Plott!

Here is the sad sad photo of the cracked cast aluminum frame.

1660756025848.jpeg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This is a local cabinet maker and he’s making these one at a time for DIY’ers. Production will be using a CNC machine in a factory. If you are interested, now is the time to ask as he has jigs all setup. (I don’t receive anything for these cabinet builds - I just want to help folks get the XSD into their homes.)

I don’t know tbe details about the transport/shopping.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I'm the lucky member who will be using those cabinets. I'm picking them up in person. It's not an overly long drive for me, and the cabinet maker has kindly offered to meet me part way. By the by, the cabinet maker is very helpful and informative, as well as being very skilled.

This is a local cabinet maker and he’s making these one at a time for DIY’ers. Production will be using a CNC machine in a factory. If you are interested, now is the time to ask as he has jigs all setup. (I don’t receive anything for these cabinet builds - I just want to help folks get the XSD into their homes.)

I don’t know tbe details about the transport/shopping.
I would be interested. What does pricing look like?