• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

That is weird as I am just clicking the link in Tbone AK's post and it goes to their webpage for the SK104 25 and it says No Stock Available. However when I look via their homepage and search for the item, it then shows them in stock as you state. Using Firefox for that search and Windows IE for clicking the link in the DiyAudio forum, may explain this!!

Ok, the RCAs JP spec’d out are snazzy. But this seems to be a re-occurring procurement issue. Hifi Collective might have them, maybe, google search says yes, but not by search on their site. In the Aska Leader 40ppv thread, it was partially addressed but faded out a few years ago. The CUI alternative will certainly work, but the one JP specs out are nice and stout looking. They seem to be the right option for the awesome case he and his wife have designed. I think X has looked into this, but he likes his audio naked. That won’t fly for me, WAF and BAP (Budding Audiophile Proofing).

GB if we could source them?

JPS, are you suggesting that a deal could be done if you source these RCA connectors?

I had a look at their website and they list a lot of RCA sockets, but none under the brand Cinch. What is the Audiophonic reference number for the actual ones you are talking about?

Last edited:
I’ve been looking over the Yarra BOM that X posted in post 71, to start getting the odds and ends sourced. It looks like a lot of those are euro sourced items. The RCA’s and heat sinks are some of those. Arrow has the sinks and KSA1381’s, parts connexition has the pots, Mundorf oil caps, and shaft kit. Transfo’s from Digikey. This is quite the build, not just an easy peasy mouser bom.

At this point I’m not inclined to short cut anything on the first go. Start with the HPA set-up, which should drive my current cans and the F5T. Then start playing around once the M2X and new Spk’s are built.

Thanks for all the great help, X, JP, Vounce, and all!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I was able to get the Fischer heatsinks from Mouser. You have many choices on the pots, and I am just going to use a basic Alps RK09. Although, Vunce said he has a fancy stepped attenuator he recommends. I am also working on (my spare time) an Arduino WiFi controlled digital volume pot. That might be interesting. Also, truth be told, I frequently use a $12 Bluetooth receiver with a built in remote as a source for my Class A amps. To all but the most discriminating uses, it works fine with BT 5.0 - sounds lie a hard wire connection. Has track select, pause/play, volume, mute, etc - seems to check all the boxes as a source for the Yarra.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The pot is probably not fancy enough for this project, lol

Right.... When the Schurter IEC power entry module/EMI filter and fuse holders costs $35, you have to spend more than that on the critical volume pot! :)

But hey, JPS64 spec'd the best medical grade IEC possible - it is built like a tank and as nice filters complete with measured noise reduction performance. How often does one see performance graphs for an IEC power entry module? I am glad I got it - as it fits on the board and the casing.

Last edited:
Hi X,

don´t forget some spare control lines for POPI! Unfortunately very busy the next months. So progressing very very slowly.

If all gones right I´m probably in May for two weeks in China (PCBWay producing PCB and equipped PBA for CPU/GPU mission computer mainboard prototype). I´ll ask ELECAUDIO for quotation for red and black RCA CINCH connector.

So, I´ve to look at Lorlin switch definition and verify the EAGLE definition.

JP

Attachments

• POPI.png
    POPI.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 362