• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks, Batty.

I return from vacation tomorrow and will order the Yarra boards now that they have been verified to work. There was one small silkscreen typo that I caught on the PSU. Otherwise, all seems good to go.

Attachments

• 19922ADE-4C14-4FF9-A051-B0E9A12FD2FE.jpg
    19922ADE-4C14-4FF9-A051-B0E9A12FD2FE.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 391
Joined 2011
Paid Member
FYI here is how one commercial headphone amplifier product chooses to arrange their left and right RCA-Cinch jacks on the rear panel. Left on top, right on bottom: Figure 1 below.

Also shown is a preamplifier from Krell, partitioned into two boxes for lower noise, woo-ooo oooh (Figure 2), and finally Nelson Pass's first preamp, the 1974 released Threshold NS10 (Figure 3).

_

Attachments

• pass_hpa1.png
    pass_hpa1.png
    355.6 KB · Views: 345
  • krell.png
    krell.png
    552.9 KB · Views: 348
  • threshold_ns10.png
    threshold_ns10.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 353
I like right over left.....

FYI here is how one commercial headphone amplifier product chooses to arrange their left and right RCA-Cinch jacks on the rear panel. Left on top, right on bottom: Figure 1 below.

Also shown is a preamplifier from Krell, partitioned into two boxes for lower noise, woo-ooo oooh (Figure 2), and finally Nelson Pass's first preamp, the 1974 released Threshold NS10 (Figure 3).

_

Wow. I built my preamp with the right channel over the left. I guess it will build the YARRA the other way so it sounds better.