• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
GB Status Update:

DIYA name #Yarra #Melbourne
meanie 1 4 from GB *shipped*
roundtoit 1 4 from GB *shipped*
gary s 1 *shipped*
windwardmt 1 2 *shipped*
vunce 1 *shipped & received*
twitchie 1 *shipped*
BRN 1 *shipped*
Russellc 1 *shipped*
Mordikai 1 *shipped*
Bologna1 1 2 *shipped*
TungstenAudio 1 *shipped & Received*
Jwjarch 1 *shipped & Received*
TboneAK 1 2 *shipped* - still owe you 4 more Mel's
Oracle1 1 2 *shipped*
pauloalexb 1 2 *shipped*
BigE 1 0 *shipped*
Batty 1 *shipped*
JPS64 1 4 *shipped*
AKSA 1 2 *shipped*
Afoor 1 2 *shipped*
kokanee 1 4 from GB to ship in June *Note: you have 2 cases and only 1 Yarra*
Bk856er 1 2 *shipped*
BEYoung 2 4 *shipped*
Urien 1 2 *shipped*
Sampsonite 1 2 *shipped*
jhofland 1 *shipped*
Zum911 1 2 *shipped*
Carl Huff - 1 2 *shipped*
md_Stryker 1 4 *shipped*
aljordan 1(v1) *Invoice Paid, will ship soon*
skunark 1(v1) 2 *Invoice sent*

---- still working on shipping -----
zman01 1 2 *will send upon request*

Yes, done and it looks like this!

JP

Attachments

• W1.png
    W1.png
    756.2 KB · Views: 264
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Can the Yarra Preamp be configured to swing the Edcor audio transformer directly thru a coupling cap in the M2X, without using a daughter card?

Yes, I believe so. I have done that before with the Aksa lender which is the single rail version of the Melbourne (and I have completely bypassed the Edcor as well). It works fine and indeed, the Melbourne core (the amp in Yarra) was desgined to drive the 600ohm load that the Edcore presents.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yarra M2X Direct Drive Test

Hi Meanie,
I just tested it out - connected the Yarra to the M2X with the input module removed and used a cap to bypass the input/output (bolts 2 & 4). I used a 15uF film cap that I had on hand (simpy made a loop and bolted it on the brass standoff). If you wanted to, you could solder it to the two little holes on the PCB that are used for a jumper. Technically, the Edcor is 600ohms and so a cap like a nice audio grade 220uF Nichicon Muse or Elna Silmic II should be used here for the deepest bass response. However, I tested that by hand holding a 470uF Silmic to the pins to bypass the 15uF film cap and could not hear a difference in bass. It could be that the impedance is much higher than 600ohms, maybe 2k evern? In any case, it works and sounds great. Verified to be good for this application.
X

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Yarra-M2X-Direct-Drive.jpg
    Yarra-M2X-Direct-Drive.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Yarra-M2X-Direct-Drive-2.jpg
    Yarra-M2X-Direct-Drive-2.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 930