• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPS7A4700 low noise LDO regulator PCB

Hi Ales,

I have seen that Version 2.0 is now in Rev. B

Could, you please, tell us more about these changes.

Are there any other changes that those 2pcs of 3300uF/25V Panasonic FC instead the 2 pcs of 4700uF 25V Panasonic FC in the Rev. A ?
(and why this ?)

And what the changes and resons in this Revision ?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

PS
I cannot located the Ferrite bead Wuerth on the fotos of PCB, can someone enlighten this to me, thanks in advance

Last edited:
1. Yes this is possible. In order to supply PCB with DC voltage you can bypass diodes or solder wires after diodes. As you can see in this picture all diodes also have two vias.

Hi Ales,

Could you please, show me exactly the place where one can solder the wires in order to connect the DC voltage ? (I have the version 2.0 Rev A)

Last edited:
Hi Ales,

Could you please, show me exactly the place where one can solder the wires in order to connect the DC voltage ? (I have the version 2.0 Rev A)

Hi Dziki,

Please see the image attached. Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Aleš

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    898.5 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Version 2, Rev. B

Version 2 Rev. B has been around a while but I haven't really made any notice about it.
From Rev. A it first differs in size. Rev B measures 67mm x 35mm. Through hole capacitor in the feedback loop was removed and now there is 1uF X7R in parallel with 100nF N0P. Then there are markings for inputs and outputs, also DC input has separate holes to avoid going through diodes. Setting output voltage is also much more easier as all Rev B PCBs are equipped with SMD dip switch, (no more tricky soldering to configure output voltage). Output ferrite is rated at 3A to avoid saturation in any case. If someone is concerned about output impedance of the regulator with ferrite bead it can easily avoided with soldering solder jumper SJO. However I still advise to use kelvin sensing for best performance. When kelvin sensing is used SJO MUST be shorted, otherwise regulator will oscillate as there will be "coil" in the feedback loop.

BTW price for one PCB is 26.5€.

Attachments

• DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 877