• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPS7A4700 low noise LDO regulator PCB

Ok,I have now used 7.8V output with that 9AC transformer.Temp is about 30°C with the default heatsink.Don´t know how much is the current,but it´s this dac http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...-async-xmos-384k-32bit-pcm5102-dac-ebay.html.

Maybe i could try,how it goes with exp.6.8V output instead 5.5V.

Current is 100 mA for both +15/-15 outputs.

Temperature of 30°C is ok.

I´ll buy a 6AC transformer for the 5.5V output and a 15AC transformer for the +15/-15 output.I´ll order two single boards.Send Paypal invoice if or when you have them in stock.Do you still have my email address for the Paypal?

These two transformers are also ok. If you'll be facing higher temperature try to implement PCB like in the attched picture. That's why you also receive 8mm standoff which equals the thickness of aluminum block so you can create heatbridge between PCB and larger cooling surface. Bear in mind not to thighten screws too much as there might be a little difference in thickness, because of doublesided thermal adhesive tape.
I have it like this with 9VAC transformer for 5V output. I'd tested it with loads up to 400mA and it got barely warm after 2~3 hours.
Please send me again your paypal email to PM as I can't find it.

Best Regards,
Aleš

Attachments

• 20150227_102551.jpg
    20150227_102551.jpg
    953.9 KB · Views: 1,162
Last edited:
Based on the TPS7A4700 I build a 12V/1A power supply.
Here are some pictures and measurements I did on a HP3561A.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And the measurements:

0 - 20kHz measurement

ripple (2,4µVrms):

Noisefloor (-126dBV):

0 - 100kHz measurement

ripple (2,3µVrms):

noisefloor (-136dBV):

Hi guys,

3pin regulator are now available. They can replace LM78xx regulator up to 15V output voltage. This is because two output capacitors are 22uF 16V. Maximum input voltage is 25V.
Price for one is 17€.

Best Regards,
Aleš

Hi Ales

Does this new 3 pin regulator works well with Raspberry pi with attached DAC on it ?

How about heat...doest it require heatsink for this application ?

Hi Ales

Does this new 3 pin regulator works well with Raspberry pi with attached DAC on it ?

How about heat...doest it require heatsink for this application ?

Hi,

I haven't tried 3pin regulator with Raspberry PI and DAC, but as long the current draw is less than 1A it will work.
You will need heatsink for this application. I would recommend you ordinary single PCB as it is much easier to implement it with heatsink.

Best Regards,
Aleš

I finished the 5V version and here are the results (50ohm load gives 100mA).
Other then Ales PCB i use a Amplimo 7,5Vdc version (30VA).

Inside

Back

Placement

Average measurements

Ripple: (~760nVrms, 0-100kHz)

Noisefloor (-122dB, 0-100kHz)

Ripple: (~560nVrms, 0-20kHz)

Noisefloor (-125dB, 0-20kHz)

I finished the 5V version and here are the results (50ohm load gives 100mA).
Other then Ales PCB i use a Amplimo 7,5Vdc version (30VA).

Inside

Back

Placement

Average measurements

Ripple: (~760nVrms, 0-100kHz)

Noisefloor (-122dB, 0-100kHz)

Ripple: (~560nVrms, 0-20kHz)

Noisefloor (-125dB, 0-20kHz)

Hi Eric,

thank you very much for posting measurements. These are very good results. I'll do the measurements with 500mA load current, so I could easily compare it with datasheet.

Best Regards,
Aleš

As it turns out I won't be able to easily compare regulator with datasheet as the results are not as accurate as I would like them to be. Upon all there is no difference when the probe is shorted to ground or connected to the output capacitor of TPS7A4700 PCB. I can conclude that only real measurements are from Kingpin who has smaller voltage range on his HP analyzer.

My setup is: Hantek DSO5102P <- LNMP (60dB gain) <- TPS7A4700 5V <- 10ohm resistive load.

20Mhz BW limit is on! Pk-Pk is shown is mV but you are really looking at uV.

Best Regards,
Aleš

Attachments

• 40ms_with_tps.jpg
    40ms_with_tps.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 210
  • B_2ms_tps.jpg
    B_2ms_tps.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 207
  • C_2us_tps.jpg
    C_2us_tps.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 195
hi Ales

I have connected the regulator board to a 6VAC traffo. By real time measurement I got 7.14VAC. After an hour connecting to the Pi2 the heatsink contacted to another heatsink on the bottom is 'warm' and I still can touch it. I guess it works.

Measurement also indicates 5VDC constant but sometimes fluctuate...

As it turns out I won't be able to easily compare regulator with datasheet as the results are not as accurate as I would like them to be. Upon all there is no difference when the probe is shorted to ground or connected to the output capacitor of TPS7A4700 PCB. I can conclude that only real measurements are from Kingpin who has smaller voltage range on his HP analyzer.

My setup is: Hantek DSO5102P <- LNMP (60dB gain) <- TPS7A4700 5V <- 10ohm resistive load.

20Mhz BW limit is on! Pk-Pk is shown is mV but you are really looking at uV.

Best Regards,
Aleš
Hello Ales,

I see your measurements and if i'm correct you measure at DC but you should measure at AC to measure only ripple.

Best regards,
K