Trying to improve on a GainCard concept

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: material choice

Kuei Yang Wang said:
Konnichiwa,
Of course. Dimensions matter as much. I will only mention here again that occult studies and occult numberology can give amazing insights.

Did you know that the movements of ALL Planets can be represented as notes on the primitive tonal scale? They don't make notes in the well tempered scale.

Music of the crystal spheres? Occult numberology and audio? Study of the Metals and origins?

You bet. Sounds like the seven hermetic arts to me.
Sayonara

:eek:
Gotta buy a gold bar from a swiss bank and try it as a heatsink for my GC.:D
Kuei, let's drink a beer, I'm getting a little lunatic with all this.;)

Re: Re: Re: material choice

Konnichiwa,

Bratislav said:

Can you tell me what notes do Neptune and Pluto do ?

I have done the calculations only for the seven "classical" planets found in occult philosophy. And they match precisely.

Bratislav said:

Cause their orbits intersect. And what note do Ceres, Vesta, and millions of other minor planets do ? Must be rather cacofonic.

Who knows. Maybe Philip Glass designed it all?

Bratislav said:

How do you pick a note for a highly eccentric orbit like Mars' or Pluto's ?

Notes are just expressing a frequency. Like A is nowadays reckoned to be 440Hz, but should really be 432Hz. How do you get a frequency from the orbit of a planet? If you have to ask you will never "get it".

Bratislav said:

Sound like lots of c#@p to me.

Maybe. That is your perogative.

Bratislav said:

Glad guys like you are not designing my gas supply. Or brakes in my car.

Hmm. Maybe you are. Maybe you would still be better of if we did.... You see, you never actually TRIED it, you simply reject things out of hand because you fail to understand them. Setting oneself up the yardstick of all knowledge is a dangerous position to be in.

Sayonara

batteries......!!!!!!here's what you should try peter - REGULATED SUPPLY.....i use lt1083 + pedja's scematic and 10.000 uF cerafine + wima fkp3 before reg and silmic 470 uF / 63 V after the reg close to powerchip........the regs could easily be placed on each side of the lm3875 on the broncebar.......:)

Re: Re: material choice

Kuei Yang Wang said:
Konnichiwa,

Of course. Dimensions matter as much. I will only mention here again that occult studies and occult numberology can give amazing insights.

Well, I don't know much about that. What I'm suggesting is not different than the resonance behaviour patterns of a room. Or the general acoustic properties of a room. You only have to make the room smaller, perhaps a funnier or simpler shape, and fill it up with copper/bronze/brass whatever instead of air. The software, reports, technology is there. So it might be worth investigating or it might not. But if we're concerned with harmonic content, spectra, behaviour etc. I think it might.

Or it might just lead to a different avenue yet. Why do bell makers make bells the way they do ? Why do they choose one material over another ? Why do I hate the ones they have at college and like the ones at my village ?
Why are most guitars not square and why some of them are ? There's more questions than answers no doubt but there's surely some (already worked out) answers too. It's a question of how much time you want to spend on it. (I obviously prefer spending my time ranting ;))

Stelios

Well we all can just build better amps but the thing is the source goes > amp >speakers > room.
Most ppl never realize what the room does to the sound. I myself have bass traps, mid traps and high traps. I went thru a lot trying to get the correct sound and have finally gone with gainclones fostex fe-166e horns(single driver full range, horns tuned to 50hz).The IGC and TDA 1524a pre are battery powered and the only P/S caps are 6.8uf mylar.
As i have a buyer for the horns/GC combo (my dentist, hay i will get some of my money back)I am going to go to Fe-108e horns,tuned to 57Hz, and NIGC but all will still be battery powered.
ron

hey, thats not legs - but you'r just a guy with 4 arms...:bawling:

btw is that an italien t-shirts you are wearing - there's spagetti sticking out from the sleeves.....:bawling: :bawling:

ok - somebody stop me, no more jokes.....:clown:

i'm pretty shure that your system sounds very good and it looks good too......:)

Juan Mo Time

Well it aint my best view LOL.This may be OT but has anybody used the argent room lens or clones ?
I see PD has finally gone with Batt P/S (bout time).I am presently running +/- 24Vdc on the P/S as after trying +/- 12Vdc it just didnt give enough response.Thinking about a seperate battery for the pre as it may be contaminating the ground to the pre using the amp batteries.Any ideas or feedback on this?

http://community.webtv.net/roncla/THISISME

ron

>Everything is very nice, except the t-shirt.

Here he his in his Sunday best :)

Attachments

• 2ron2.jpg
    2ron2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,997
And it should be a lot less prone to oscillations. I may be wrong but it looks like that according to the data sheet (45 deg. more reserve or 10 dB gain reseve at 180 deg. in favour of OPA541). Though at 30dB gain they are both good.

!!! OPA541 has a lot more THD at 0.1W/1kHz compare to LM3875 0.35% vs 0.015%). At 5W and up they are the same.!!! I don't know how vital that is. I suspect it is.

I guess LM3875 would sing better at low volume. Plus with wider frequency response (200 kHz vs. 50kHz at 30dB) will be even better.

Attachments

• screenshot004.jpg
    screenshot004.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,914
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.