Universal Outboard Power Chassis for Pass

For umbilicals, I used 4-conductor 14 AWG shielded cable with Neutrik speakON cable connectors. They're 2.5 feet long.

Attachments

• Umbilical.jpeg
    Umbilical.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Here are the monoblock amps, using F4 boards. The 2 monoblocks are now working with the PSU chassis and playing music (that I'm listening to now). The capacitors are 18,000 uF (same value as used in the DC filter). All DC power wiring is 16 AWG stranded; the speaker output wiring is 18 AWG stranded; and the signal input wiring is RG-174 coaxial. Any critique or suggestions for improvement are most welcome.
F4-Monoblock.jpeg
PSU-and-Monoblocks.jpeg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
GND takeout from caps to channel pcb must be in middle of that short bridge wire

route separate GND wire from back connector to each cap, so that bridge wire is not having pulsating currents, so clean GND

practically , add another white wire, leading from powercon to right cap neg, relocate white wire going to channel pcb

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I would route the + and - supply wires from the capacitors to the white ground wire and then along it (twisted) to the board and then against the edge of the board to the connection points at the left and right. This would reduce loop areas.

Ideally, the + and - power points on the board would be co-located with the ground.

At least, that's how I would do it.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Doing a web search, 101 copper is oxygen free and has excellent electrical conductivity, annd has ann International Annealed Copper Standard conductivity rating of 101%. It can be easily soldered and welded. However, it is soft and difficult to machine, which means drilling or pinching holes in it will be more difficult than 110 copper.

110 copper also has good electrical conductivity at 100%+ IACS conductivity, and can be soldered to but not welded.

It seems that the decision will rest on whether you value the slight increase in conductivity that 101 copper offers, and hog you intend to fabricate and use your bus bar (eg, if you intend to punch/drill holes in the copper bus bar to attach to the capacitor terminals).