• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Soekris Engineering ApS, Products dam1941

The core DAC part is almost the same, the new ones are maybe a little bit better, but you can now also get it fully balanced.... The big difference is that on the dam1941/dam1921 all the digital interfaces are integrated, inclusive USB and a second I2S, and you select the power supply and output buffers, the parts where there seems to be as many opinions as there are users....

user manual link is broken. will it be online these days before the 10% off ends? being able to read through its details may be a selling point

I was looking for pre-order one dam1941. However i have a question, you said you will also propose two buffer and a linear power. Will they be available at the shipping of the dac early October or after ? Will the buffer be opamp base ?

I could be interested in a buffer if it's discrete or opamp base, but not tube. I ask for group shipping.

My current plan is to have an unmounted Power Supply board at start of delivery, but haven't made any decision about what buffer boards to do, the idea is that you can use almost anything there, or somebody will do something, there are so many options....

Also i guess that the dac1101 won't get the new filter, as you didn't answer my previous post.

Can't answer everything immediately, but the plan is to add support for the new filters to all dam or dac products, although is not that easy for the dam1121, and the dac1101 only have a 2mm debug connector so you need to make a special cable....

Hi folks,

Recently I did some experiments to remove the 2 Hz IIR filter from the filter list. The improvement in sound quality is bigger than I would have thought. Removing the filter helps dynamics, clarity/detailing and stereo placement (though also the sound becomes somewhat more brighter & analytical). I see no reason for this filter. This improvement was reported earlier in this thread (where a nice analogy with restored paintings was made). I would advise to try it out for yourself.

Just remove the following part from the filter txt and re-generate the skr with MKROM:

dam1021,352800,8,29,5,1
29 DC Blocking IIR, 352.8 Ksps, 2 Hz HP 1st order

dam1021,384000,8,29,5,1
29 DC Blocking IIR, 384 Ksps, 2 Hz HP 1st order

Fedde

I wanted to try the same thing and I was genuinely impressed by the general improvement I got on my system, in terms of spatiality, three-dimensionality, tonal balance and correct instrumental position

Soren i need help on how to connect Amanero Combo384 USB I2S board to 1021.

this is the amanero:
Zz8G2ra.png

which pins shouldi connect to which on the 1021?

also i dont understand where and how to provide 3.3 v from amanero to 1021

Amanero Pin DAM1021 J3 Pin
------------ ----------------
3 ------------> I2S DAT IN
4 ------------> I2S BCLK IN
5 ------------> I2S LRCK IN
8 ------------> ISO GND (any pin)
9 or 10 -------> ISO +3.3V

great, thanks. i originally thiught that 9 or 10 on amnero are for the 3.3v from the power supply to power the amanero itself. so how am i supposed to power the ammanero board? i built a reflektor d to power the amanero.

The easiest and safest thing to do would be to splice open your USB cable going to your PC and feed clean 5V from there (cutting the wire so that the 5V coming from your PC does not get to the Amanero). This way you do not have to "operate" on the Amanero itself.

Is it really a good idea ? A dedicated low noise power supply seems better...

Can't answer everything immediately, but the plan is to add support for the new filters to all dam or dac products, although is not that easy for the dam1121, and the dac1101 only have a 2mm debug connector so you need to make a special cable....

I open once the 1101 without pay attention but when i watched some photo of the inside i saw some unpopulated headers, guessed their is a serial connection somewhere their...

i have to apologize for being dim witted but im not sure that i understand.

I have the salas ultra bib 1.3 at +-12 volts to power the dac itself and i see that they go to j1 on the soekris board.

i also have the rflektor d that outputs 3.3 volts. i thought thst this powers the amanero but i guess you are saying that this akso goess to the dac board

i dont understand what you just described about the usb cable. do i neeed to have anotehr 5 v power supply for the amanero? if so then where on the amanero board does it go? i dont see the pin for it anywhere. the problem is that i dont see how the amaneeo board is powered. is it powered througgh the usb port from the computer?

why isnt there a Vcc in or DC in or 5v in or 3.3 in , on the amanero board?

Last edited:
i have to apologize for being dim witted but im not sure that i understand.

I have the salas ultra bib 1.3 at +-12 volts to power the dac itself and i see that they go to j1 on the soekris board.

i also have the rflektor d that outputs 3.3 volts. i thought thst this powers the amanero but i guess you are saying that this akso goess to the dac board

i dont understand what you just described about the usb cable. do i neeed to have anotehr 5 v power supply for the amanero? if so then where on the amanero board does it go? i dont see the pin for it anywhere. the problem is that i dont see how the amaneeo board is powered. is it powered througgh the usb board from the computer?

why isnt there a Vcc in or DC in or 5v in or 3.3 in , on the amanero board?

i guess instead of asking why isnt any inputs on the amanero, i should ask if it is needed? is just powered by the computer through usb?