LSA Signature 80 Speaker

I'm finally breaking in the 80's the fit and finish are great, look awesome, step up from the 50's in every way....about another week or so. to go. Very happy so far. Going to play with another DAC as well. The ease to drive makes these stand out to me - again the design is outstanding for my needs.

Last edited:
After about 250 hours on the Lsa, those are definitely a keeper. Love love the bass and Midrange smooth and inviting with a top end that is never harsh or calling attention to itself. Great speakers design specially when they are partnered with good tube amp that I will enjoy for a longtime.

Reactions: 3 users
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Another review of the LSA Signature 80 speaker just came out.

https://www.audiopursuit.com/2022/12/link-to-specifications-first-rule-of.html

Audio Pursuit:
The first rule of being an audio reviewer should be, never stop expecting to be surprised. The moment you think you can predict the performance of a piece of equipment, the unexpected is going to arrive on your doorstep. Having reviewed the LSA 10 bookshelf speakers two years ago, I made the false assumption that the Signature 80's would follow in the same performance lane. I was wrong, very wrong.

Thank you for sharing another great review. I am telling you, I have 0 interest to upgrade or change those speakers. They are going to stay in my system for a while. I rolled in some Gold Lion KT77 and added a new Innuos streamer and it sounded much much better than with EL34. Keep those great reviews coming👍.

Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Good eyes! I still have a perfectly good Philips dual tape deck with auto reverse. Not sure what happened to all my compact cassette tapes though. Lost after 4 home moves.

1677525332773.jpeg

I think cassettes actually can sound quite good. VHS HiFi machines actually have great audio recording (helical scan permits 20kHz top end). I think the SQ beats reel to reel even (numbers look better anyhow). They are also cheap and tapes cost nothing.

521CB87B-D234-4635-B40C-74EE8DE00CD6.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder how well an 8 track would compared? My first car audio install when I was 16, Motorola 8 track and Sparkomatic 6x9's, I am going to be 71 in a couple of months:)

I used to have a modified stock cassette deck in a very high end mobile audio competition system as a decoy though is sounded very good on just some decent 5.25 and tweeters. Below that was a high end CD player with a flip over face so just looked like a blank filler, flip the DTPD switch hidden under the dash, it flipped over and the real system turned on preset to blow away anyone that ever heard it, really did so:) I fooled top audio judges with the cassette, they thought it was the real system until I did the hidden switch system change.

-----------

Dang fine reviews indeed, I will be looking into DIY versions of all your designs if the XDS8's do not work out in my rather restricted space.

I love ribbon tweeters, have used them in competition installs and have used the woofers as well that you chose to use in these, dang good speakers for great prices!