LSA Signature 80 Speaker

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The reviewer actually got the tweeter type wrong. It’s not a ribbon but a planar with waveguide. Same one as on the XSD. Fine sounding in any event.

Was the cassette front face to fool would be car audio thieves or for amusement of fooling judges at car sound competitions?

Cassette Tape covers pretty good range and quite sufficient in a car I think. I remember a guy I knew in college (late 1980’s) with a decked out Civic CRx. He had the Alpine cassette deck with the neat green glowing buttons. He would always play the intro guitar riff in “Money For Nothing” to impress people or onlookers.

My bad, I have used ribbons and planar tweeters in car audio.

Cassette was mostly to fool thieves as I parked it outside by a bar and could not even get into the outdoor area I had to work on the system(s) in unless in the daytime. It was really cool to have the IASCA prior head judge get tricked by it though:)

I have played MFN on the high end system, $20,000 retail in parts alone, many times in the past, still have that disk and still love it and it was great on well planned very low budget systems.

Forget the model number but a $1k for the Alpine with flip face I used just as a transport with SPDIF out into a $2.5k DAC with 20 volt balanced output. That mobile audio DAC was blind tested by several sets of very experienced ears against at the time best regarded home audio DACs in existence and only one was barely considered a tiny bit better.

--------

Off again on a tangent, I have been into many things including building the lightest full suspension full race mountain bike in the world(25 years ago) many different level of race and or track/street cars, beaten world champs in car audio after less than 6 months into it and always preferred the lowest cost per smile approach to everything and much much more. I have beaten car audio competitors with a less than $1k system. That is why I like what you do so much for DIY and low cost superb commercial products and snake oil never involved.

Rick

Reactions: 1 user
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
A new review of the Sig 80’s just came out.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/04/02/lsa-signature-80-reference-monitor-review/?amp

Paired with Pass FW F8!

Reactions: 1 users