• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale Amp Camp Amp Redux - Complete kits

Things you have for sale.
Edit 2024/04/18: New kits are now available on my website: reduxkits.com

I designed an easy to build, reduced cost version of the ACA to encourage more people to get into building amplifiers. In October of last year, I put together a batch of kits and we built 30 of them at Burning Amp 2022. I'm offering the remainder of the kits for sale here.

Each kit has all the parts required to build two monoblock amplifiers. Switching power supplies from Jameco are included.
All passive components were sourced from reputable US suppliers. The active devices came out of Nelson Pass' not-so-secret stash .

Read more about the design in the main discussion thread: ACA Redux
Check out the build guide written by 6L6: ACA Redux Build Guide

Happy building!

ACA Redux Front 1600x1200.JPG

Bottom - standoff.jpg

PCB Front.jpg

Parts bags.jpg

Power Supplies.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I have a pair of the ACA Redux (the ones in the guide, obviously…) and am very happy to say that this amplifier is great! The design using the round heatsink is charming and efficient. Two little hedgehogs that can be placed wherever you want fantastic sound.

ACA lives on!

:)

Reactions: 1 user
Received notice that mine are on the way! Looking forward to building these as a quick, cool, little project between all of my other bigger builds going on.
Going to use them in my bedroom system, they were just too imaginative and unique to pass up. Thank you Mr Brock!

Dan

Hi All,

I will be on vacation until 2/14. I won't be sending payment requests or shipping out kits until after I return. The order form will still accept submissions but I just wanted to set some expectations for those who order in the next two weeks.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Forgive me if this question has been asked before but, in regard to the multi color LEDs that are provided, how much resistance will provide what color(s)? Or does it change color with the operation of the amps? i.e., if I want it to only emit blue can that be accomplished with added/subtracted resistance at R13/R16 or would I need a solid color LED and the appropriate added resistance?

TIA

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The multi-color LEDs slowly cycle (breathe) though thier colors continuously. Sounds cheesy, but actually is very attractive. The resistor only sets brightness, like any LED.

If you only want blue, you need to use blue LEDs.

That said, the multi-color LED effect compliments the amp and I suspect you’ll like them.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
The multi-color LEDs slowly cycle (breathe) though thier colors continuously. Sounds cheesy, but actually is very attractive. The resistor only sets brightness, like any LED.

If you only want blue, you need to use blue LEDs.

That said, the multi-color LED effect compliments the amp and I suspect you’ll like them.
Truth be told, the multi colors aren't bad, I used the 10K with my build so they're pretty innocuous. The build went marvelously, and they're singing along nicely right now.

Impressive!

I'm feeding them some Norah through JRiver on my old XP PC with a Soundblaster, a Yaqin MS-10B pre I bought years ago, and ultimately through c.1957 KLH Model 6 speaks. These speakers are among my favorites here. Balanced, imaging, soundstage, dynamics, and revealing, all in all very nice! These monos are real sleepers!

Thank you all for putting together such a fun and great sounding kit!
20230202_123126.jpg

I’m sure I will, I’ll just have to get over the initial nervousness of looking at a pile of parts and empty board. I’m gonna keep building stuff and hopefully the more I do the less nervous I’ll be. It really is fun to build stuff and the sense of accomplishment at the end is pretty cool too.