JEDAC - yet another take on a DIY high-end USB Audio DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OH MY, how nice boards you have made, now I am flattered!
I actually built an S/PDIF variant with DIR9001 instead of PCM2707 but have not yet documented it. And it was pretty prototype so the layout would need some changes. Double layer too. Sounds good!

For the TPS60501, you can easily modify the board for any LDO 3.3V regulator, e.g. LM2936Z-3.3 (TO-92) or LT176333.

Last edited:
I finished my now two-layered board and already finished the soldering(photos will be posted later, sorry). It's really better sounding than the sound card from the laptop but with the PC I'm not so sure...

I ran RMAA test and wasn't pleased with the results. By RMAA test results(noise parameters) my board is much worse than Realtek HD in PC. This may happen because of my bad soldering skills or mistakes in layout and especially power rails.
A friend of mine is also soldering JEDAC with my layout so I will compare it with my take.

Could you make RMAA test with your DAC and post it there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.