QCC5125 and QCC3034\QCC3031 programming

Hi all, I have updates about configuring QCC3034, and let me share those with you guys.

First many thanks to @hvmcsa, he shared with me qcc_tool where I can change the name of the chip.

Second, about backup. I understood how backup original firmware. You need to use NvsApp.exe in BlueSuite. And it works. I backed up the original firmware with this tool, broke my chip after MDE deployment, and successfully restored it from backup. Rule #1 before any changes do backup!

Third, about Kalimba DSP. You can config DSP with the QACT tool. Need to enable chip, connect to it with Bluetooth and USB, and run some audio, that gives you enable online configuration. But I have some problem with that, I can't save config on my chip. After rebooting the chip all settings became the default. And I don't know how to fix that.
How save DSP settings on the chip after reboot?
Could somebody help me with the correct orders and steps to save DSP config?

Thanks.
Hi German1212,

Did you manage to save DSP config to the chip with QACT?

I'm new to QCCXXXX chips and I have the F-3020 module with QCC3031 IC. I managed to enable the USB programming and can connect to the IC with all the tools (ADK configuration, QACT etc.). I'm able to set parameters with QACT (online mode) and tune EQ but I seem to be unable to save config to the chips. I've tried both Set Data and Write Persistence and they both work online but all changes are forgotten after power cycle.

Any help with this would be appreciated :)

QCC5121 question:

Does anyone have the source code for ADK_Toolkit.WIN.0.9.1.28 sink/headset application? I found one for earbud, but I am wondering if a sink/headset version is available. I am asking about source code for the ADK Toolkit for QCC5121, and not about ADK_QCC512x.WIN.6.4.

Hi did one of you say you had the ADK for the QCC3034? I've used the universal front ends for the CSR and QCC3003 chips before and it goes ok, just dont know if any of the EQ settings really work. I suggest getting those pogo pins from aliexpress and then you dont need to solder to the chip. I've also changed the name of them before. But i use those BT amps similar to whats shown on the other pages.

I recently bought this one as it claims i can get 8watts per channel using a 4ohm driver, which is an extra 3watts on the QCC3003, i find these low powered amps go pretty good in a low powered BT speaker build.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-28 222837.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-28 222837.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
Hi khseal,
thank you very much for the link!
I've installed the drivers from \drivers\cda\Qualcomm_Drivers_WIN_CDA_104.0.0.exe and tried ADKConfigTool.

Before installing them the Windows device manager showed these devices:
  • Audio devices > QCC5125
  • USB controller > Generic USB hub (HW ID USB\VID_0A12&PID_4010&REV_1669)
  • USB controller > USB device (HW ID USB\VID_0A12&PID_4007&REV_1970)
Now the Windows device manager shows one changed driver - the rest remains the same due to unmatching device IDs in the .inf files:
  • Audio devices > QCC5125
  • USB devices > Qualcomm USB Hub Filter Device - 0001 (HW ID USB\VID_0A12&PID_4010&REV_1669)
  • USB controller > USB device (HW ID USB\VID_0A12&PID_4007&REV_1970)
The ADKConfigTool shows two devices but no connection is possible:
View attachment 1005575
View attachment 1005576

Also the QCC_Tool from this post does not recognize any devices:
View attachment 1005577

If there are any advices how to establish a connection I would be happy :)

BR
Brother please help me please brother
Brother actually i am going to install qualcomm drivers in device manager other devices
In unkown devices but i accidentley unistall unknown devices devices
And now there is no option other devices unknown devices
Brother please help me how to get back unknown devices option in other devices device manager
Please pleaee help me

Last edited:
follow this way
-----backup original firmware before change something:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RRFMRJIYk88BeGjZr9X-HLn7N5d0LYYt/view?usp=sharing
---how to set EQ( need learn more specs like: frequency( bass, treble)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17HLQQAJoFlY8KiHQ1wchCM90kb-iKFqd/view?usp=sharing
Brother please help me
Brother i have done every step that you said but when i update unknown device driver by mistake i unistall unknown device and there is no option of unknown devices
Brother please help me how to get back unknown device without installing drivers i cant do anything
Brother pleaese reply i am waiting for you help🙏

Brother please help me
Brother i have done every step that you said but when i update unknown device driver by mistake i unistall unknown device and there is no option of unknown devices
Brother please help me how to get back unknown device without installing drivers i cant do anything
Brother pleaese reply i am waiting for you help🙏
follow this way
-----backup original firmware before change something:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RRFMRJIYk88BeGjZr9X-HLn7N5d0LYYt/view?usp=sharing
---how to set EQ( need learn more specs like: frequency( bass, treble)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17HLQQAJoFlY8KiHQ1wchCM90kb-iKFqd/view?usp=sharing
Brother help me how to get back unknown devices

I really do not know how the parameters affect the bass enhancement as it sort of implies that there could perhaps be a separate low frequency channel too somewhere. Maybe this is possible as I know an LFE/sub output is part of the configuration somewhere, but who knows.

I'm assuming that harmonic content would determine how many additional harmonics are generated. Some % might = 2nd harmonic only, a higher % might mean 2nd and 3rd are generated etc.

Effect strength vs mixing balance is confusing as I could see both of them doing exactly the same thing. In other words how much of these additional harmonics are added to the original sound.

The high-pass corner implies the -3dB point for a high pass that would ordinarily protect the speaker from frequencies it cannot produce. Obviously we've no idea what the slope type used is.

The low-pass corner could be asking how high up in frequency do you want the additional harmonics to be added, or it could be how high up do you want the enhancement to detect the presence of the bass fundamental.

The crossover frequency is kind of bizarre as a parameter for this.

Without an explanation as to what the settings do you're just going to have to give it a go and see.

If you wanted to quantify the results you could connect the output of the bluetooth module to the input of a soundcard. Play sine tones and white noise as stimuli on a phone with an appropriate app and then alter the parameters of the enhancement and see what happens.
Hello sir
I want to set eq in QACT i want that my modules gives all frequencies 1hz to 20khz
But i cant adjust setting for frequencies correctley please help me to set QACT EQ to gives all frequencies 1hz to 20khz
What settings should i use to get 1hz to 20khz frequencies

I don't know I'm afraid. It's possible there's band limiting as standard applied somewhere too.

I'm a bit surprised it isn't already 1-20kHz. Or at least 20-20kHz.
Brother yes i qact eq dont go below 20hz
I tried many times to set eq correctly and when i set eq setting there is distortion in sound due to wrong eq setting
Brother what is bypass eq in qact
Brother help what i can do get all frequencies 1hz to 20lhz

You might not be able to!
Hello everyone
Brother i have a jbl xtreme 2 bluetooth speaker which have installed qcc 5125 module and i also able to acces it through blue suite 3.3.5 and QACT but i want flash a firmware file into it which is released by jbl
This file is with .BIN extension so brother tell me which app is best for flashing this file into qcc5125
And also when i open NVS app
My module is configured by NVS but when i select firmware file and click proceed it says wrong VID and PID and i also check device manager > qualcomm usb filter hub>details>hardware id and when i put correct pid and vid ids it again says wrong please help me what i have to do

Thank you. It works.

Unfortunately my board broke a few days ago. In the middle of listen to audio, it randomly died. When power is connected, one LED turns on for a second then goes out.

I wired up a USB cable and it is detected by the computer. I installed the drive and applied the unlock steps. It showed up in the NVS app. I was able to dump the firmware. The verify command and it was very flakey, failing to verify more often than not.

I tried to erase and reflash. But after erasing it is no longer detected by the NVS app. The USB devices still show up in Device Manager but nothing else works. So I guess it's really borked now. I noticed the firmware dump from my board is 28MB vs 57MB that German1212 posted earlier.
Hello everyone
Brother i have a jbl xtreme 2 bluetooth speaker which have installed qcc 5125 module and i also able to acces it through blue suite 3.3.5 and QACT but i want flash a firmware file into it which is released by jbl
This file is with .BIN extension so brother tell me which app is best for flashing this file into qcc5125
And also when i open NVS app
My module is configured by NVS but when i select firmware file and click proceed it says wrong VID and PID and i also check device manager > qualcomm usb filter hub>details>hardware id and when i put correct pid and vid ids it again says wrong please help me what i have to do

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply.

It will be a game of patience to find out which pin is which

View attachment 980329

I allready asked Wondom, let's see if they mind sharing it. GND will be pretty easy, maybe VCHG too, the other ones will be harder to find without reply from wondom.

Cheers,
F.
Hi,
Any luck in finding out, which pins are for the USB connection on the JAB4 Board ?

Greetings,
Mark