t/s specs for indian drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Somak
Thanks for the advice
I wonder these voice coils ( chinnese made) might be available in delhi. As i usually go to delhi 1 in two months and the best place to get raw material is Lajpat Rai Market and chandni chowk. There are some shops there who sell these raw material. In my city Ludhiana i the chinnese voice coil wont be selling. I will go and look tommrow for them. Other wise i will buy the raw material the next time i travel to delhi. I have not been to any raw material speaker shop for sometime now. Knowing that chinnese voice coils are in market is nice to know
Thanks

Hello,
I just recently built a pair TQWP's using Peerless SKO130 midbass
and Vifa D27.I tried to use a Peerless LR-10 tweeter with the woofers but they did not work well with the series crossover I am
using.( .42mH + 4.3mf )+ (12ohm resistor + 12 mF Zobel).I have played with many different values of components.Just using my ears I came to like the values I'm using now.I have placed a 3 ohms resistor in series with the + input,to bring the tweeter
level down.In the beginning I e-mailed Peerless of India, they didn't repond to my request of a suitable crossover for the SKO130 and LR-10.I tried again and they replied.They suggested,
that I place a 1.27mH on the SKO130 and a 27mF on the LR-10. I
did and the sound wasn't good.So,I decide to try my own attempts to build a crossover.So far I like how my speakers sound
now!I now have test equipment,maybe I will measure the drivers,
in the future.
Sincerely,
Harry:cool

Hi Harry,

I have an extensive design for the cross-over using the SKO-130 and SR-10DT tweeter from peerless using a 1st order cross-over using zobel impedance and baffle step correction. Pls. mail me your e-mail ID so that i can mail you my cross-over design with these speakers. My e-mail ID is hari.r.iyer@gmail.com

Regards,
Hari Iyer.

This post appears to be an ad for the reseller. The Website seems to contain exactly two speakers -- both pro audio woofers. No T/S specs. Am not sure this pointer is of any use to us DIYers -- you can get such pro woofers of reputed brands from LRoad, again without any T/S specs. For instance, Narains on LRoad has fantastic online catalogues: For example, this one It doesn't help most DIYers much.

This post appears to be an ad for the reseller. The Website seems to contain exactly two speakers -- both pro audio woofers. No T/S specs. Am not sure this pointer is of any use to us DIYers -- you can get such pro woofers of reputed brands from LRoad, again without any T/S specs. For instance, Narains on LRoad has fantastic online catalogues: For example, this one It doesn't help most DIYers much.

This post is not a ad,its a link.I came to know this site when searching for behringer mixer in india.If you want to see the T/s specs click on more details.If this post is not according to your test it doesn't means that its a ad.I dont know that it will help most diyers or not but surely, it will help some diyers.

Went through the Aerons section. There are 40 products, out of which about 35 are speaker drivers. But there are just woofers and compression tweeters. IIRC, only three out of the woofers were of less than 12" diameter, which would be the sizes most speakers will need at home. And the compression tweeters are only of use to those building horn-loaded speakers -- not too many of them in India, I would think. About half the woofers had zero data -- absolutely zero. Not even a spec of the cone material, let alone T/S parameters.

So I guess we're back to a DIY-unfriendly site, something like Narain's. These guys are pro audio all the way.

You are right, I was wrong. My apologies. I had checked only the Ciare drivers. In that category, there were just two pro woofers, and there are no T/S specs. Only in the other section, for Aeron drivers, there are more drivers and also some T/S specs. This will be useful for Indian DIYers.

Agree, With a lot of DIY wishful thinking, those drivers could be used in home setups like the Areon SP-JB12:

b :)

Attachments

• Aeron-non-secure-TS.JPG
    Aeron-non-secure-TS.JPG
    537.5 KB · Views: 199
TS specification for JVC drivers available at chaudhary trading lamington road

Does anybody knows or measured the TS specifications of JVC 6.5 inch woofer and JVC 8 inch subwoofer available at chaudhary Trading(panda audio) lamington road mumbai?
I have a pair of both, and planning to redesign the cabinet for those.

Thanks,
Aniruddha

T/S parameters for the JVC 8 inch subwoofer which I have is
Qms - 8.8189
Qes - 0.9239
Qts - 0.8363
Fs - 53.0815 Hz
Zmax at Fs - 42.1823 Ohm
Re - 4 ohm

I used winisd to calculate the volume of cabinet using Vas = 23 litre
WINISD says 255 litres volume, this seems to be too large, is there anything wrong with the T/S params here?

Last edited:
T/S parameters for the JVC 8 inch subwoofer which I have is
Qms - 8.8189
Qes - 0.9239
Qts - 0.8363
Fs - 53.0815 Hz
Zmax at Fs - 42.1823 Ohm
Re - 4 ohm

I used winisd to calculate the volume of cabinet using Vas = 23 litre
WINISD says 255 litres volume, this seems to be too large, is there anything wrong with the T/S params here?

make a box of 23 liters,and port as i wrote earlier/
these are measured and tested dimensions, stuff with about 170 to 200 gms poly fill/recron.

enjooyyy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.