• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Transformer-fed TDA8932 25W/8R mono amp kits

Hi Elias,

Post #1 has the prices : https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threadstransformer-fed-tda8932-25w-8r-mono-amp-kits.359193/post-6318454. To purchase built kits, add 200RMB per pair of amps. Kits still available yes.
Hi abraxalito.
I follow the link for money transfer but .... to whom? As I saw at a glance I have to make an account and transfer to you 310 Yuan (the equivalent amount in Euro) for a complete kit + (prebuild) sand regulators if I am correct, or 510 Yuan for completely build boards. (E25 transformer or E25, or ..?) By the way, the amplifier can be driven directly from the unbalanced output of my CD player (standard line OUT)? What carrier you suggest for shipping to Greece ? Maybe it is better to private message me.
Elias

Joined 2014
Paid Member
My MonoAmp kit included 3 used versions of U4:
LM1085-ADJ
LM1085-3.3
LM1086-ADJ
Which is correct? Either way, I need to but another for a matched pair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 83
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Don't wish to step on Richard's toes or speak out of term.....and I am not experienced....but I believe U4 can potentially see a max of 3A as per the 8932 DS,. But maybe the chances of seeing that with program music material is slim? My U4 run very cool so I'm assuming not much current.

But please let Richard confirm!

I agree Jim, I’ll wait for confirmation from Richard.

Its our mistake here, apologies Vunce. We just went through the bag of what we thought were LM1085s and we found one LM1086 nestling amongst them. So our oversight not to check each device before putting them in a kit. I had a look at the datasheet for LM1086 and typically the current limit for 5V or less dropped across the reg is 2.7A. So that'll work fine with an 8ohm speaker.

How'd you like us to make good on this error? Send you a fresh one from Mouser or refund you the Mouser part cost? LT1085 will be an upgrade as its typical current limit is 4A.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

After a long hiatus to have a baby and generally deal with the relentless march of life, the 11+ version of Abraxalito boards were dug out and worked on.
For those who do not remember or were not present; the 11+ board was a balls to the wall maxed out version of these fantastic little amps that allowed for larger components like inductors, film & electro caps plus different cool features like a denoiser circuit and an easy switch to bypass a part of the circuit and install a discrete reg on the signal side.
I had immensely enjoyed a ghetto maxed out version on the small boards with all manner of large components configured.

Initially, I had a set of these boards and like a complete pleb, got distracted during wiring the PSU boards to the trafo and instead wired the trafo directly to the boards, which naturally led to a noisy cascade of smoke and sparks emitting form the discrete regs or there abouts.
Take 2.
New boards received, fast forward 6 months in a flurry of smelly diapers and over due credit card bills, BoM ordered, with the most precise valued resistors and caps available. I managed to get all decent C0G or 7XR caps for the boards.
Used 2200uf Rubicon ZLH caps throughout.
Cinemag 2560 input transformers (took almost 4 months to receive)
Duelund CAST pio caps.
Mammoth sized Wurth inductors.
TDA8932BT chips from an electrical parts seller in Germany.
Toroidy audio power transformer and PSU boards by a Russian guy who makes PSUs for phono amplifiers.
Soldered it all together with the input trafos wired hanging 10 cm off boards and fired up, some buzz that we tracked down and solved, then good sound but nothing extraordinary. Hmm, was my memory delusional with nostalgia from the original ghetto setup?

Decided to change a few things up today, reduced the input wires to the board (the input trafos were supposed to be pin outs but wired versions arrived, c'est la vie), replaced the electro caps leading to signal outputs with Audionote Kaiser 680uf jobbies I found in the tool box and the 3300uf for 4700uf Mundorf AG Mlytic (F&T caps) that were also knocking around the tool box.
WOW. What a difference. The sound is absolutely breathtaking. The layering, soundstage and highs I remember from the previous ghetto version were back with a vengeance and all this without discrete regs! I suspect the extra 8cm of input wires were messing with the sound.
The music is so natural and 3D, its hard to believe that these little things are creating this. 100% silent, not even a squeak of back ground noise.
I have had all manner of horrifically expensive "high end" gear over the years (up to €50,000 setup) and with the current pretty humble setup (minus the Bricasti M21 dac) and Abraxalitos 11+ boards, in this component configuration, experiencing some of the best music of my life. Genuine audio happiness.

I urge anyone mental enough, to try these 11+ boards with the Cinemags and trimmings and forget about amps for a while.

Since we have a new born and finances are tight I am selling my last high value piece of audio kit next week - the Bricasti M21 which leads me to the ultimate question; @abraxalito - what is your current absolute top of the line dac, I think I need to build this asap??!

@abraxalito - you are an absolute gentleman and genius, while this 11+ board goes against your core value as cheap high quality audio it is absolutely incredible, you are doing the audio gods work. Thank you so much.

Apologies for being super wordy.

Good weekend to all!

Shertzy

Attachments

• IMG_1700-1.jpg
    IMG_1700-1.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

After a long hiatus to have a baby and generally deal with the relentless march of life, the 11+ version of Abraxalito boards were dug out and worked on.
For those who do not remember or were not present; the 11+ board was a balls to the wall maxed out version of these fantastic little amps that allowed for larger components like inductors, film & electro caps plus different cool features like a denoiser circuit and an easy switch to bypass a part of the circuit and install a discrete reg on the signal side.
I had immensely enjoyed a ghetto maxed out version on the small boards with all manner of large components configured.

Initially, I had a set of these boards and like a complete pleb, got distracted during wiring the PSU boards to the trafo and instead wired the trafo directly to the boards, which naturally led to a noisy cascade of smoke and sparks emitting form the discrete regs or there abouts.
Take 2.
New boards received, fast forward 6 months in a flurry of smelly diapers and over due credit card bills, BoM ordered, with the most precise valued resistors and caps available. I managed to get all decent C0G or 7XR caps for the boards.
Used 2200uf Rubicon ZLH caps throughout.
Cinemag 2560 input transformers (took almost 4 months to receive)
Duelund CAST pio caps.
Mammoth sized Wurth inductors.
TDA8932BT chips from an electrical parts seller in Germany.
Toroidy audio power transformer and PSU boards by a Russian guy who makes PSUs for phono amplifiers.
Soldered it all together with the input trafos wired hanging 10 cm off boards and fired up, some buzz that we tracked down and solved, then good sound but nothing extraordinary. Hmm, was my memory delusional with nostalgia from the original ghetto setup?

Decided to change a few things up today, reduced the input wires to the board (the input trafos were supposed to be pin outs but wired versions arrived, c'est la vie), replaced the electro caps leading to signal outputs with Audionote Kaiser 680uf jobbies I found in the tool box and the 3300uf for 4700uf Mundorf AG Mlytic (F&T caps) that were also knocking around the tool box.
WOW. What a difference. The sound is absolutely breathtaking. The layering, soundstage and highs I remember from the previous ghetto version were back with a vengeance and all this without discrete regs! I suspect the extra 8cm of input wires were messing with the sound.
The music is so natural and 3D, its hard to believe that these little things are creating this. 100% silent, not even a squeak of back ground noise.
I have had all manner of horrifically expensive "high end" gear over the years (up to €50,000 setup) and with the current pretty humble setup (minus the Bricasti M21 dac) and Abraxalitos 11+ boards, in this component configuration, experiencing some of the best music of my life. Genuine audio happiness.

I urge anyone mental enough, to try these 11+ boards with the Cinemags and trimmings and forget about amps for a while.

Since we have a new born and finances are tight I am selling my last high value piece of audio kit next week - the Bricasti M21 which leads me to the ultimate question; @abraxalito - what is your current absolute top of the line dac, I think I need to build this asap??!

@abraxalito - you are an absolute gentleman and genius, while this 11+ board goes against your core value as cheap high quality audio it is absolutely incredible, you are doing the audio gods work. Thank you so much.

Apologies for being super wordy.

Good weekend to all!

Shertzy
Maybe a not so silly question.
What soldering wire did you used for this project ?
What is the price you asking for Abraxalitos 11+ boards?

Elias

Maybe a not so silly question.
What soldering wire did you used for this project ?
What is the price you asking for Abraxalitos 11+ boards?

Elias
Hi Elias! Cardas eutectic solder used, I am terrible with a solder iron and this stuff seems to flow real nice plus; is it wrong to be partial to the smell? My Dr would likely say yes.

Attachments

• 225CB8E2-B322-4F63-9385-C8D681E9256A.jpeg
    225CB8E2-B322-4F63-9385-C8D681E9256A.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 146
Do you just want bare PCBs (and presumably BOM)? Or stuffed? Send me a PM.

@Shertzy - your soldering iron looks just like my 'emergency' one. How do you find it? I hear it gets hot from prolonged use, haven't fired mine up yet.
Its great! TS100 an open source project, only the tip gets hot, no heat in the handle, rises to temperature in 5 seconds. You can programme other features in too or download other peoples feature projects. Super light and nimble. I would only go back the Weller if I needed huge steady heat. Highly recommend for novices like me!