100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Does that mean it's a virtual ground inside a floating PSU?

Where does one make the Safety connection to the Chassis to make all the exposed metal parts safe to touch?

There is no virtual ground, amplifier output is connect to the ground and speaker output floating, PSU is not connected to the ground. Amplifier topology is common emiteur output stage so collectors is amp out and collector is connected to heatsink without insulators, heatsink is connected to the chassis.

hello
This is a stereo version of apex ax17 for a living room amp i'm making. My compliments to apex audio for the schematic. This module was already tested and is working wonderfully.
Can anyone provide me with some higher resolution apex logos for me to incorporate onto the pcb. Aside from the test pcb above, i'll be making some other boards (another stereo board, some psu and protection boards) and want to place that logo on them.
I would like to make a separate board for the short circuit/overload protection circuits for this amp. I've seen some different designs for this, has anyone tested them with ax17. Any recommendations pls?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hello
This is a stereo version of apex ax17 for a living room amp i'm making. My compliments to apex audio for the schematic. This module was already tested and is working wonderfully.
Can anyone provide me with some higher resolution apex logos for me to incorporate onto the pcb. Aside from the test pcb above, i'll be making some other boards (another stereo board, some psu and protection boards) and want to place that logo on them.
I would like to make a separate board for the short circuit/overload protection circuits for this amp. I've seen some different designs for this, has anyone tested them with ax17. Any recommendations pls?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Nice work, you can use FX100 PSU with protect from thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/162081-dc-servo-mosfet-amplifier-61.html#post4624521
Regards

fixed the image, it was not zooming correctly. There is a third trimmer resistor for gain and r21 was increased to 1.5k for easy bias adjustment. For added oumph 4 output transistor pairs are used per channel. The L bracket aluminum piece connects to a larger heatsink.

image hosting over 5mb

I'll be using the fx100 psu and maybe add some fan control. Thank you.
Bogdan

A16

Attachments

• APEX A16.JPG
    APEX A16.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 1,380