3d Printed Mid Enclosure - Should I stuff it?

Those files are big...1.7 and 2.8 MB
I mean...a compressed JPEG image at about 1000 x 2000 pixel is that size

I'm sure that you read the contemporary thread '4 way is better than 3 way_?'
as you raise some questions.

I'd ditch the whole enclosure
The woofer only needs an enclosure (of the back waves, in the range from 1 to 17 m WL) and your wife/GF is right from that point...and from a back wave perspective the issue is double when analyzing double woofers.

K.I.S.S. is good advice ...

@Bmsluite: I think your chamber at the moment is close to tube. Such tube could be from thick cardboard. Tube Will Work, but is far from optimal shape.

I have several times looked at dagger, but ready made Cones is not so easy to buy, and also require some shaping, cutting, adhesive etc.
Then next option is to Cut it from foamcore. Unfortunately foamcore is rare and expensive in Denmark. Foamcore could be made plenty strong.

Could be Cut from wood. Then we have issue with ply being rare aswell. MDF i would not recommend anyone to spent time with.

I also tried IKEA cup made of bamboo. Handed it back, because it requires way to much work and shape is definitely worse than what can be build from scrap wood.

I guess printing 5 sided dagger + glueing (Maybe even woodglue is fine?) is doable?

I still think my suggestion back in the thread is the best option. Simple random bracing. Doubles as bracing for the woofer, and no waves hammering on the tweeter.

Last edited: