8th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Midbass info here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/191122-chbw-70-gen-1-info-pdf.html

Tweeter here: http://homepage.mac.com/planet10/CSS/CSS-ERT26-data-260310.pdf

Mark's data has been consistently similar to my measures (which just means he has T/S curves that are more horizontzl than most.Should be good for a 1st pass.

The shelf at the top of the midbass is what worries me.

dave

Dave, do you have these in boxes? I'd love to take them from you and measure the in box response, and model a XO in PCD. Just for the experience. Could grab them tomorrow and bring them back to you Saturday with a XO design. I'm a noob but would love the experience.

The Phillips Golden Lager bubba is in the fridge. Has any group food been arranged or are we all fending for our selves? Chips and dip? This is my first 'fest!

Ruth is preparing food for the masses. I'm sure she wouldn't say no to bringing your favorite snack food thou. I'm bringing apple and peach pies. The baking process is just getting under way.

jeff

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
teaser...

Attachments

• DaveR-3way-bernie-jesse.jpg
    DaveR-3way-bernie-jesse.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 512
  • fonkens.jpg
    fonkens.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 489
Hey skeeter. Just got back from the fun. I had to leave kind of early.

I'll post photos later.

I think my favorite was Dave's MTM using el166 with what ever fostex thing it was. Bob from CSS said something about a sub during an organ track. I misunderstood and thought they were hooked up to a sub. I really wouldn't have known the difference. Practically proof that FASTs sound awesome.

DaveR brought a compact stand mounted 3-way that sounded great. I enjoyed talking to him about it (thanks for answering all my pesky questions Dave).

I left right before hearing Terry's line array. That was disappointing as everyone had good things to say.

Heard quite a few full rangers including the new A7s. Those were good.

Bob sold me some stuff at prices that made me feel like a thief. I don't know how I'll tell my wife, no really, I won these, these were free, and CSS was blowing all this out for $40. I can just imagine the look on here face when she sees the massive open baffles with 15" woofers Dave gave me. And I'll probably kick myself for not buying a Trio 12 from Bob.

Pics to come.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.