9th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I still suspect that this get together is a front for the impending invasion of USA....:p:p:p

Attachments

• Reasons to Fear Canada.png
    Reasons to Fear Canada.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 182
I heard the the Kubota was there but I wasn't privy to what's been done. Is it at the north end of the driveway? Maybe Dave can post a pic or two.

Jonesing? Ya I guess. It's the one time a year I get to hang out with guys that are more audio nerdy than me.

You're right about the rental truck. One of these years I'll bring the big system and we can get really silly. :)

I heard the the Kubota was there but I wasn't privy to what's been done. Is it at the north end of the driveway? Maybe Dave can post a pic or two.

started with the top of the hill turning into the covered garage - mostly a matter of restacking "firewood", and "relocating" a storage shed ( remember the chicken coop? ;)) - the terra-forming is all over the place - not all of which I've seen

Jonesing? Ya I guess. It's the one time a year I get to hang out with guys that are more audio nerdy than me .
don't sell yourself short my friend

You're right about the rental truck. One of these years I'll bring the big system and we can get really silly. :)
I might be hiking the Appalachia Trail that week :rolleyes:

BTW, if things go according to schedule, my place will be painted by then as well - maybe you could stop by for a beverage at some point

diyFEST - Sounds Like a Great Time!

If I'm still in town I would surely love to join in! The teenage kids might have some designs on the weekend before school starts but will try to make it if I can!

If yah need some bins for the shaker in the hills, I do have these 18-inchers collecting dust in my mother's garage that are in need of a work-out: Cerwin Vega PD-18, Carver M-400t Magnetic Field Amplifier Cube, Numark M2 Mixer - YouTube

My main squeeze though is this mid-fi setup:
Pioneer SA-9500II and SA-8500II - YouTube
But she do sound good!

Hoo Yah, Deep Sea!
:drink:

Glad to be aboard

Please do call me Tim (I have been called worse). I am new to DIY and do not profess to be a DIY wizard - more just a bad tinkerer with no skills and moderate successes and failures. For example I tried to breath life into a set of Celestion Ditton 15's I picked up cheap on UsedVic - After two tries at slavaging the teak veneer on them I gave up and painted them. They came out OK but I am sure there are some who are rolling their eyes and saying NEWBIE!
Here was that attempt:
Celestion Ditton 15 Speakers with Pioneer SA-9500II Integrated Amplifier - YouTube
then onto their backs they went as the wood looked like crap (bad batch of varnish reacted with the stain I used)
NAD 1300 Pre-Amp Disassebled (for a good cleaning) with Carver M-400t Amp and Ditton 15 - YouTube
In black
NAD 1300 Pre-Amplifer, Carver M-400t Amp, Celestion Ditton 15 Speakers - YouTube
then with sub (sorry out of focus - new camera at this point)
Pioneer SA-8500II Amp, Celestion Ditton 15 Speakers and Mirage Dual 10' Passive Sub - YouTube
Now the speakers with sub resides at a good friend's house and he absolutely loves them - hence moderate success despite dismal 1st and second attempt at keeping them all original....
:rolleyes:

ICarver M-400t Magnetic Field Amplifier Cube
Please bring this. It appears mine aren't going to be back from the shop in time for this year. I need it for the mid drivers. I have the bass and tweeter amps out. If you happen to have two Carver, bring'em both. :)
I can do this.
If you drag the 18s up i'm sure Cal will help set them up.
I will help but I'm not sure they are needed. I have a pair of 18" bins as well but they will be gathering dust back home while we are partying.
ability to make your ears bleed
That's how I feel about mine too. Nasty things they are.

Dave, if Tim cannot bring a mid amp for me, do your or Daniel or whomever have an SS around 100wpc? It seems that Chris is not yet able to work on the Carvers.

Hi,

Booked my accomodation for Friday and Saturday nights and am starting to plan what to bring along. We are almost through reorganizing everything here in the "warehouse" and so I'll know exactly what's available shortly.

If anyone needs (Cal?) or wants something let me know. Best possible pricing is available for many items.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.