Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Never mind. It just means that we need a bit of exploratory work and few sweeps to find out.

Anyhow, my friend and i measured st260 and Peerless, this time with 13ms gate mounted on top of a cabinet to see if it influences frequency response in any meaningful way.

It still holds like nothing is beneath it.

I'll see if I can do it for you but it is a little more involved than "popping it in" and at that size full 3D meshes take a while to run. Roundovers on the cabinet?

Maybe something standard like 19mm roundover and one with 5cm roundover ? Baffle width 35cm including roundover.

I've never made a loudspeaker with waveguide smaller in diameter than midwoofer so i'm not able to predict how would it behave. I do expect some diffraction, but how much is what i'm interested in.

Maybe something standard like 19mm roundover and one with 5cm roundover ? Baffle width 35cm including roundover.
I use chamfers as they are easier to draw and simulate the same as roundovers. What depth to the cabinet as that will make a big difference to the lower end directivity.

OK. I just can't imagine how it exactly helps.
All the geometry, driver membrane etc. are already set so adding in a box isn't too much effort. Having to redo all that from an stl is much more of a pain.

I wouldn't put it into a baffle in the first place.

I know, but you've provided really good sim of baffled st260. If performance doesn't suffer too much, it can be a valid project.

I'm working on a passive two way with st260+dfm2535/Faital 12pr320 and i will provide the crossover when finished. I'd be willing to do the same with baffled st260 since it will be more apealing aesthetically and more people would use it.

Pic from few nights ago:

IMG-04da1e573d3394881ae7e05a3e7e2b9b-V.jpg

3m mic height and deriving sim files.

I use chamfers as they are easier to draw and simulate the same as roundovers. What depth to the cabinet as that will make a big difference to the lower end directivity.

Let's do 40cm depth.

So w*h*d-35*100*40. That gives 117l neto volume. With some braces, damping and driver volume it will come down to 100l or so. People can that reduce the height for their wanted internal volume that suits their purpose and midwoofers and still have valid data regarding the waveguide/cd mesurements that would remain largely unaffected.

Last edited: