Aleph J illustrated build guide

@Zen Mod & tonistefanovski,
thanks.

then its back to the workshop for me :).

ps. without any drawings....... i connected the ground of the inputs to GND3 instead of the GND next to the +in and -in, does this cause any problems?
Maybe this would help

Attachments

• GROUND.PNG
    GROUND.PNG
    215.8 KB · Views: 633
If you have dual mono in a single chassis then a thermistor per channel is a good idea.
You should also have input signal ground going to star ground. I think that's what you have shown but need to confirm it.
In my recent Aleph J build I’ve connected signal ground to main board… I’ve did that several times without problems… Always “dead silence”….:)
Tony

I do have a dual mono setup attached to one power supply (diyaudio power supply).
I attached the PSU with one thermister to the chassis with a bolt on that same bolt i wired the savety earth.

thanks for you're answers so far. next week a collegue will help me with a scope to search for the hum.

Placeholder post because I will probably need one here as well...

Comments, questions, etc... Go right ahead!
What gauge wires did you use for PS-> board? Also for audio signal (in/out)?
I have a distinct tendency to use wires that are much larger than necessary and I would like to avoid that. But, of course, I don't want them to be too small either!!
Thanks

I do have a dual mono setup attached to one power supply (diyaudio power supply).
I attached the PSU with one thermister to the chassis with a bolt on that same bolt i wired the savety earth.

thanks for you're answers so far. next week a collegue will help me with a scope to search for the hum.

today we diagnosed the hum problem with a scope and found that there is 0,4v of AC on the DC side of the psu, is 0.4v enough to cause a hum?

For input wiring, coax or twisted pair is best.

I've always used twisted pairs for PS wiring as well - 24/0 as pair and 0/-24 as pair, but I see you just ran straight wires for 24/0/-24. Any advantage / disadvantage for twisted pairs on the POWER side. (obviously very important for input)
What about OUTPUT? I usually twist them as well. I guess it looks neater, but does it really matter?:spin: