• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

All Cee's PSU for Class AB Amp

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, use just one. It’s supposed to offer flexible stuffing options. Often we use whatever we can find for scraps on our bench drawers to make PSU’s like this. X7R MLCC SMT caps are very good for low ESR bypass applications. However, they can be piezoelectric (that is, mechanically vibrate if exposed to to high amplitude AC signals). So for bypass caps directly exposed to AC before rectification, I would use film caps.

These were built with scraps from the bench. The only items I bought specifically were the large 15,000uF caps.

c2d6a766-d104-4749-89b3-616f1e844b53-jpeg.1062153

1654749829577-jpeg.1062412

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2022
Paid Member
Hi Forum members,
Looking for some feedback from more experienced builders as I plan a PSU for my FH9HVX build. I have already populated the amplifier boards with the intent of sticking with the amplifier as originally designed. I'm a beginner so I don't want to "mess with success." I will attach the schematic for the amplifier to this post.
My goal for this PSU is simplicity and economy of space. I was thinking along the lines of an Antek AN-3232 paired with one All Cees board, then split between the two amplifier boards. I don't know if this is 1. Functionally practical or 2. The best way to achieve my goal. Advice totally appreciated here. Power supplies confuse me. Once I decide on transformer and pcb layout I can move on to the BOM for the All Cees board regarding any needed modifications to the components. Thanks everyone.
Dave M.

Attachments

• FH9HVX_SCH_001 (1).pdf
    39.1 KB · Views: 93
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Nice work so far Dave!
The limitation with the All Cee’s for two channels is total capacitance that will fit on the pcb. 30mm diameter is max size which cuts down your selection of 63V capacitors.
Does your chassis have enough room for possible dual mono psu? (two trafos and two All Cee’s boards)

Also, pick an ‘AS’ Antek transformer model, 400va and lower all have a magnetic shield wire. (AN models don’t)

Last edited:
Joined 2022
Paid Member
Thank you for your insights Vunce. I appreciate it. I'm not fundamentally opposed to dual mono. It just sounded more complicated and I was trying to keep the size of the chassis down.
On the other hand, I've heard much positive commentary on the soundstage of dual mono. Additionally, I've not yet purchased a chassis so I have flexibility in that area. I will do some reading of the All Cees thread (and anything else I can find) so that I can gather my thoughts. I have to say that as a HiFi hobbyist, it's hard to resist the temptation of an approach that "improves the sound." Cheers. Dave M.

Joined 2022
Paid Member
Hello Forum members,
I'm planning the power supply for my FH9HVX. I have decided to go dual mono for a number of reasons. I tried to find a data sheet for the transformers I'm looking at, but was unable to. Here are the vitals: Antek AS-2238. 200 VA toroidal transformer with dual secondaries rated at 38v and 2.8A.
Does that sound like a suitable trafo for this application? It does have the internal shielding as noted by the AS prefix.
My second question is: Do I need to make any changes to the All Cees BOM for dual mono (besides doubling the number of components). Thank you.
Dave M.

Attachments

• FH9HVX_SCH_001 (1).pdf
    39.1 KB · Views: 55
Joined 2022
Paid Member
Hey Forum members,
Don't know if anyone else ran into this but when I click on the link for the All Cees Digi Key shopping cart I get sent to an empty cart. Anyone have a saved copy they could forward to me? If not, it's not the end of the world I will choose my components individually. I was just hoping to save a step. Thanks folks.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi UM,

Check out post #406 and #408 in the FH9HVX thread for a Mouser link. Create your own project rather than editing the original. I have also attached a file that includes an excel sheet of components for the All C's, the schematic, and a stuffing guide. Fairly complete except for the big electrolytic caps. Hope it helps a bit. Happy building.

Attachments

• All-Cees-PSU-BOM-v001.zip
    320 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: 1 user