Alpha Nirvana 39w 8ohm Class A Amp

What is the maximum safe temperature limit in the body of the mosfet that should work?

Hah - that is the $64,000 question! :)

@Andy do you measure the temperature on case of the body mosfets ? also on the heatsinks? 5U box?
we have the same current about 2.6A.

Yes, my new bias current is ~2.5a, I think, Nikos.

As I use a 20mm diam washer on top of the mosfets ... it is hard to measure the temperature of the body. So I point my laser temp gun at the head of the bolt which clamps the mosfet to the heatsink.

. My assessment is that the operating points of the outputs are on the limit; my view is that dissipating so much heat we should monoblocks; perhaps 4U would be OK but each heatsink could then serve ONE output device, not two. You can see his excellent work at #3045 post in this thread, in fact.
During the beautiful journey of building this particular amplifier for me, I tried to place the mosfets in a common heatsink 41cm x16 x 5 , the ambient temp now in my room in Greece is 29-31 C we always talk about version 4R and I know it's forbidden. The temperature that develops in the body of the mosfet scared me quite a bit. Since I have nothing else hahahah. Τhe transistors of the power supply must not be placed together with the mosfets outputs. I have mentioned this in my previous post...I said NO WAY.....

Last edited:
Then I'm fine...I measure on the metal surface of the mosfet about 50C and on the housing on the mosfet about 45 degrees Celsius. This with the second stage setup 40-55C of the controller pwm fan where the fans play much more relaxed and are not heard at a distance of half a meter .
Thanks Mr Hugh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-30-17-07-07-170_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-30-17-07-07-170_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 2