• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 148505

AVDD cap placement. Placed 10uF pana FR. also placed 100uF but no difference with THD results.

I'll remove it when I submit it for review because it might affect noise floor performance.

Attachments

• 8302C525-EF36-4D2C-BADC-F173EA04222F.jpeg
    8302C525-EF36-4D2C-BADC-F173EA04222F.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 180
D

Deleted member 148505

Hi Lester!

I've finished my amplifier and added a DC anti-ploc protection module at speaker outputs. Work fine.

One question: Can I put Silmic II 22uF in C1/2/3/4 as now I have the module which removes the ploc? I don't have 10uF Silmic in stock.

Yes 22uF Silmic II is good.
Our voltage supervisor starts at 1100ms, so your DC anti-ploc delay should be longer, like 1.5 seconds.

Also you should short out the opamp supply series resistor. The sound difference is recognizable. (seriously)

Attachments

• short.png
    short.png
    381.6 KB · Views: 168
The module came with a 1 second delay but I changed it to 4 seconds because I found it too short. It suffices to add a 22uF capacitor on the SMD capacitor C3 and C4. It is also possible to change the SMD capacitor for a bigger one.

The module use a floating ground. Works fine and well built. The PSU use a MC34063. Best voltage at input is 12-15v AC. DC protection is 1.7v DC.

For the resistors, these are RA7 and RA8?

Attachments

• IMG_5431.jpeg
    IMG_5431.jpeg
    603.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 148505

The module came with a 1 second delay but I changed it to 4 seconds because I found it too short. It suffices to add a 22uF capacitor on the SMD capacitor C3 and C4. It is also possible to change the SMD capacitor for a bigger one.

The module use a floating ground. Works fine and well built. The PSU use a MC34063. Best voltage at input is 12-15v AC. DC protection is 1.7v DC.

For the resistors, these are RA7 and RA8?

Correct RA7 and RA8 = 0 ohm.
Can you confirm if speaker protect module has no hiss? MC34063's inductor hisses if improperly designed.

Best to use a 47uF finally.
I think the size of the cap is more important than higher value if all else are equal..

Regards,
Lester

D

Deleted member 148505

Hi James,

Did you also short out R8 and R10? (attached mods for V1A and V1B)
I like its sound with mods + LME49860.

Regards,
Lester

Just got my V1 board in my system. Did the C17 mod and also removed those tiny opamp bypass caps.

Running as supplied with Silmics all round and the LME49860.
Slightly different setup than before using my 3e board in that I have built a LT4320 based rectifier. I now get just under 51v...up from 48v with the previous monolithic bridge rectifier. The JLE amp is cooler at 51v than the 3e was at 48v. The inductors noticeably so.

Listening commences now but for the short half hour it's been on I have no concerns at all! Sounds very good

Attachments

• EA1097E5-4D4A-4D15-932A-60F097127868.jpeg
    EA1097E5-4D4A-4D15-932A-60F097127868.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 207
D

Deleted member 148505

The Sylph-D200 appears to have 2-pos input headers instead of 3-pos like the TICore260BTL. Am I mistaken? Will there be any reference to signal ground/common on the board?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm dumb. I didn't notice the empty posts adjacent to the wire housings.

No prob, it has 3pin terminal input. I just sliced the grooves on 2pin female header so that I can insert them to 3pin header

D

Deleted member 148505

I havent done this Lester no. Is it a 'no brainer' or more to taste? I doubt i would be able to reinstate them after removal!

What about the mids at far left....RA7 and another ? What does achieve?
Thanks

It will sound fuller with those mods.
R8 and R10 is easy, you just need to remove the heatsink.
R8 and R10 are series resistors for GVDD_AB and CD, they are placed in the EVM and datasheet but the designer decided to short them out (0R).

RA7, RA8 are opamp supply series resistors, I just placed it there for stability, but since our amp is stable, they are not needed.

If your module is already installed in casing, just do it some other time.

Regards,
Lester

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.