• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 148505

Then I also have the wrong BOM...

You sent me the boards you show on your Ebay listing, without the SMD pads for D3 and D4, but through holes. That is why I was asking about DZ6.2BGWX.

I was surprised these were sent when you were listing V3. Guess I got V2 boards, but you emailed me everything for V3.

For the cost of everything involved, should I bail on these boards and get the V3's?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for helping us with the shipping fee. We will send 2 boards this week.

Regards,
Lester

D

Deleted member 148505

Given the choice of 2 Meanwell HLG smps would you choose 48v 3.9A (180w) or 36v 8.9A (320w).? For Sylph-D200 or 260btl

Not sure if LED driver supply is suitable for amplifiers.

You can use LRS-350-48 adjusted to 45V. I have a LRS-350-36 here and the RTA measurements are very clean (can be adjusted to 42V), no mains harmonics (as clean as my connex SMPS used in my ASR build). Get it from reputable stores like mouser / digikey so that you'll get a genuine unit.

Regards,
Lester

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thanks Lester. Why not on the HLG? I assumed a lot of the MW range were for leds. What is it about the HLG that isn't suitable..?
Just my inquiring mind. I probably won't understand the answer!

I have the aforementioned psus in my ebay watch list from. A reputable supplier but if they're not good enough I shall pass them up.

D

Deleted member 148505

Thanks Lester. Why not on the HLG? I assumed a lot of the MW range were for leds. What is it about the HLG that isn't suitable..?
Just my inquiring mind. I probably won't understand the answer!

I have the aforementioned psus in my ebay watch list from. A reputable supplier but if they're not good enough I shall pass them up.
General purpose Mean well SMPS like LRS series has a constant voltage output. It will have a stiff voltage output provided that you won't exceed its current rating.

For LED drivers they have constant voltage and constant current modes.

You must be careful when selecting a LED drivers to power an amplifier, for example if you get HLG type AB, it will have a constant current output, so its output voltage will fluctuate depending on load current applied.

Regards,
Lester

D

Deleted member 148505

soundcard interface prototype development

I'm currently improving my JLE interface (similar functionality to pete millet's interface but without the RMS voltmeter)

My interface prototype uses INA1651 and OPA1656 and I'm currently using it to measure my Sylph-D200.

First pic Motu M4 loopback (SE)
Second pic Motu M4 + JLE Interface loopback (SE).

Slight loss on the output signal (due to input impedance). Only slight degradation on THD+N!

Problem is that the results are good because the input and output diode protections are removed, If I put them back, the loopback THD+N will become worse (+6dB). So I'm currently looking for input and output protection methods.

Motu M4 uses TPD2E007 for each terminals, i will look for similar methods.

Attachments

• Motu M4.PNG
    Motu M4.PNG
    116.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Motu M4 + JLE Interface.PNG
    Motu M4 + JLE Interface.PNG
    108.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently improving my JLE interface (similar functionality to pete millet's interface but without the RMS voltmeter)

My interface prototype uses INA1651 and OPA1656 and I'm currently using it to measure my Sylph-D200.

First pic Motu M4 loopback (SE)
Second pic Motu M4 + JLE Interface loopback (SE).

Slight loss on the output signal (due to input impedance). Only slight degradation on THD+N!

Problem is that the results are good because the input and output diode protections are removed, If I put them back, the loopback THD+N will become worse (+6dB). So I'm currently looking for input and output protection methods.

Motu M4 uses TPD2E007 for each terminals, i will look for similar methods.

I buy this when you get it working.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.