• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2018
Paid Member
No problem Ray. I was just reading the last few pages again and saw Lester comment on 4 for Stretchneck and 1 for me!

Thanks Lester. To confirm. I've removed the white glue covering the link wire connection. I remove that and the cap at JMP1 centre pad and then wire up the 3 connections to the module as per the previous photo.?

Attachments

• 20210730_100638.jpg
    20210730_100638.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 289
D

Deleted member 148505

No problem Ray. I was just reading the last few pages again and saw Lester comment on 4 for Stretchneck and 1 for me!

Thanks Lester. To confirm. I've removed the white glue covering the link wire connection. I remove that and the cap at JMP1 centre pad and then wire up the 3 connections to the module as per the previous photo.?

Ohhh nice I thought the glue had covered the smt pads.. Yes remove all and wire up the 3 connections as per previous photo. We're also using heatsink thermal glue to stick the daughtercard under the board.

Attachments

• 51fo9MQNvxL._SL1000_.jpg
    51fo9MQNvxL._SL1000_.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 286
D

Deleted member 148505

Surgery done including the tantalum! One is a bit wonky which annoys me but I don't wish to burn it my resoldering too much!
I used double sided foam tape to attach the baby board
Nice soldering skills, you can also cover the baby board with kapton tape to secure it.

Please don't post pics showing clear underside of the IC, it will show some secrets. Your camera is very clear haha

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Busy day! My main amp has been the 260btl but I have the D200 in there as of today. So next job is doing the dual supply daughter board mod. Removed the input caps as they were Muse ES and I can reuse them. Will listen to the d200 for a good while first.

Lester is there any point in adding some film cap bypass for the opamp bypass electrolytic?

So I have 2 of Lester's fine amps and I will probably sell one on. I shall ask the buyer to pay Lester directly as he has been an absolute faultless vendor with unprecedented backup and I would like to pay him some dues back.

Attachments

• 20210730_164756.jpg
    20210730_164756.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 20210730_164803.jpg
    20210730_164803.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 148505

Lester is there any point in adding some film cap bypass for the opamp bypass electrolytic?
Hmm I haven't tried it yet. I think if you perform a modification, you need an identical module to compare it with. Otherwise you will be biased to your 'new' mod.

So I have 2 of Lester's fine amps and I will probably sell one on. I shall ask the buyer to pay Lester directly as he has been an absolute faultless vendor with unprecedented backup and I would like to pay him some dues back.
Thank you for your kind gesture :). No need to pay back since this endeavor is currently self-sustaining. Good reputation and customer relationship are more important. Though if the donation is ultra huge we will gladly accept it lol JK.

D

Deleted member 148505

Hello
what are the best capacitors?
The important thing is the dv/dt?
Best regards
Roger

Usually bigger poly caps have better parameters, or by using smaller parallel capacitors.

Paralleling output caps in our module is not advisable since there will be some stray inductance when using long leads.

You can check slaa701a for output capacitor selection, starts at page 30: https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slaa701a/slaa701a.pdf?

Regards,
Lester

Attachments

• pdf-generaltechnicalinformation.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • slaa701a_inductor.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Will revive my GB150D pcb.

Hello Lester,

I am looking to populate the boards I purchased from you and I have a some beginner questions,

- For R14, what resistor did you use on the board in your pics? I am having trouble finding a match that will fit and allow an inductor to be wrapped around it like your pic.

- For D3 and D4, the example of "PDZ6.2BGWX" is an SMD with a zener current of 50na, would Vishay BZX55B6V2-TAP with 100na work?

BZX55B6V2-TAP

- LED1, a standard 2.2v 20ma LED is fine?

- C6 and C7, Mouser is out of UPW version, would UPJ be fine?

UPJ1J331MHD Nichicon

- CS1 and CS2, I know my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be but I cannot find them on the board although they are on the schematic

- CS3 to CS8, see above ^

- for the Hexfets, I'm guessing the PBF versions are fine, (just lead free?)

- for the BC5XXX transistors, has anyone tried "DIOTEC" ones from TME in Poland?

I tried looking around the net, but I could not see "progress" build from anyone on your board, just Jim's. Any builds in progress around you can link to?

Is there a "start up" procedure?

Or a guide on how to set the Bias?

I tried to save up all my questions to ask all at once rather than in a bunch of small messages, sorry for so many.

Thank you,

David.

D

Deleted member 148505

Hello Lester,

I am looking to populate the boards I purchased from you and I have a some beginner questions,

- For R14, what resistor did you use on the board in your pics? I am having trouble finding a match that will fit and allow an inductor to be wrapped around it like your pic.

- For D3 and D4, the example of "PDZ6.2BGWX" is an SMD with a zener current of 50na, would Vishay BZX55B6V2-TAP with 100na work?

BZX55B6V2-TAP

- LED1, a standard 2.2v 20ma LED is fine?

- C6 and C7, Mouser is out of UPW version, would UPJ be fine?

UPJ1J331MHD Nichicon

- CS1 and CS2, I know my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be but I cannot find them on the board although they are on the schematic

- for the Hexfets, I'm guessing the PBF versions are fine, (just lead free?)

- for the BC5XXX transistors, has anyone tried "DIOTEC" ones from TME in Poland?

For R14, look for "metal oxide" types. 3W is ok

D3, D4 100nA is fine. or MMSZ5234B

Get a green LED 3mm or 5mm

For the electro caps my default choice is Panasonic FR, you can't go wrong with that cap.

CS1, CS2 are 100pF C0G 0805 SMT caps under the board beside Q9 and Q10

CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CS7, CS8 are 100nF 0805 SMT caps under the pcb

For the transistors, I cannot find BC556C anymore, you can use the KSA992/KSC1845s but you need to put insulator and twist the pins because it has different pinouts.

I tried looking around the net, but I could not see "progress" build from anyone on your board, just Jim's. Any builds in progress around you can link to?

Is there a "start up" procedure?

Or a guide on how to set the Bias?

For the startup and bias procedure I think there is a tutorial on GB150D thread,
you need to replace the fuse with a 10 ohm 2W resistor
and check the voltage drop across the resistor while adjusting the bias pot. 75mA bias current is fine, or 0.75V across the resistor.

Amplidude has created a build I think but two or more? of his modules got problems with oscillation. I think it can also be fixed with correct grounding, the signal and power grounds are separated so the signal ground can be referenced to the speaker ground for more stable operation.

My SKA GB150D build is ready, I just have to do the drilling and wiring. I will post my build in 1 to 3 months.

Regards,
Lester

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Ok I think I sent the wrong version schematic. Here's the correct schem for V2.

Then I also have the wrong BOM...

You sent me the boards you show on your Ebay listing, without the SMD pads for D3 and D4, but through holes. That is why I was asking about DZ6.2BGWX.

I was surprised these were sent when you were listing V3. Guess I got V2 boards, but you emailed me everything for V3.

For the cost of everything involved, should I bail on these boards and get the V3's?

D

Deleted member 148505

Yes I build them but I never got around to provide them a good chassis, someday.... I believe we also discussed using low noise zeners for d3 d4 like CMHZ4627 . Ferrrite beads on output gates also. But yes, proper short wirring is essential.
If no abuse is planned d3 d4 could be left out right?

I too have already all the parts, chassis work for me is just difficult.

If you can limit the input signal , d3 and d4 can be left out.
Then I also have the wrong BOM...

You sent me the boards you show on your Ebay listing, without the SMD pads for D3 and D4, but through holes. That is why I was asking about DZ6.2BGWX.

I was surprised these were sent when you were listing V3. Guess I got V2 boards, but you emailed me everything for V3.

For the cost of everything involved, should I bail on these boards and get the V3's?
Looks like mistake on our part in packaging, yup it should be V3. We can refund all or resend the PCB.

D

Deleted member 148505

TPA3255 PBTL Prototype

PBTL Prototype in progress. No PCB mistake except for speaker out polarity label.

With 48V supply and VER2923-103KL inductors, 1kHz SINAD at 5W 4 ohms is 94dB. Clean power is up to 130W. 0.5% THD+N is 180W.

Using VER2923-682KL achieves 2dB better SINAD but clean power is only 100W. 0.5% THD+N is 140W.

Looks like TPS7A3001 is overkill so in production version I will replace the negative opamp supply regulator with LM337.

ETA in 2 months.

Attachments

• IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    633.4 KB · Views: 485
Status
Not open for further replies.